The United States of Vicalix is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Tony Helderflugen with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, zero percent divorce rate, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.655 billion Vicalixians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Atrolic. The average income tax rate is 82.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Vicalixian economy, worth 206 trillion Vicalix Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 124,870 Vicalix Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Ancient antique swords have had their blades replaced with latex boffer LARP replicas, billions are being spent on a new island airport, on graduation day the hats thrown in the air fly high enough to stun passing pigeons, and chickens frolic freely on swings and roundabouts in Atrolic's playgrounds. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vicalix's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vicalix was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Vicalix was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Vicalix was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens and Most Subsidized Industry and the Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Vicalix's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Vicalix was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Vicalix applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Vicalix relocated from Lazarus to The North Pacific.
- : Following new legislation in Vicalix, chickens frolic freely on swings and roundabouts in Atrolic's playgrounds.
- : Following new legislation in Vicalix, on graduation day the hats thrown in the air fly high enough to stun passing pigeons.
- : Following new legislation in Vicalix, billions are being spent on a new island airport.