|Leader||President Astrid Johansen|
The Federal Republic of Villaing is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Astrid Johansen with an even hand, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, sprawling nuclear power plants, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 1.109 billion Villaingians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Telross City. The average income tax rate is 60.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Villaingian economy, worth 131 trillion pounds a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Book Publishing, and Tourism. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 118,666 pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Blue sky thinkers are reminded that the firmament is actually more of a grey-ish colour, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites, multiple births are a cause of celebration for tax collectors, and business owners return from long vacations to find their factories have been turned into homeless shelters. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Villaing's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Villaing was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Following new legislation in Villaing, business owners return from long vacations to find their factories have been turned into homeless shelters.
- : Following new legislation in Villaing, multiple births are a cause of celebration for tax collectors.
- : Following new legislation in Villaing, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites.
- : Following new legislation in Villaing, blue sky thinkers are reminded that the firmament is actually more of a grey-ish colour.
- : Following new legislation in Villaing, the military struggles with recruitment.
- : Following new legislation in Villaing, the nation's politicians are known more for the internet memes they spawn than any of their accomplishments.
- : Following new legislation in Villaing, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate.
- : Villaing was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Following new legislation in Villaing, pretending to be prejudiced is a good way to get out of jury duty.
Endorsements Received: 59 » The States of Texas and Arkansas, The Seven Provinces, GanymedEuropa, Saint Domingo, The Champions League, Invernessia, Republic of Satherland, Yahlia, Irminsulia, Walfo, Ausvelt, Abject Ludicrosity, Elisabethshagen, Dark Matter, Jim the Baptist, The New Nordic Union, Thracia Republic, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Northern German Federation, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, St Scarlett, Someseni, An Clar, Destyntine, Prussian-Union, Mons Graupius, Enway, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Shaor, North of Americas, Meropis, Rivierenland, Gor Kebab, Crestphalia, Imperium Anglorum, Regnum Italiae, Viktorias, Leranditale, Kanokla, Nardin, Trixeland, The New Mexican Confederation, The Young Ur, Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Asparagusia, Eco-Paris Reformation, Brakanistan, Mynox, Continental Social Democrats, and 9 others.Wombelland, Othenhiem, Nuevo Europa, Apabeossie, Zulrich, Gliesetonia, Emynia, En Hassik, and Sloburg.