The Federal Republic of Violet Hedgehog is a huge, safe nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, state-planned economy, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 311 million Violet Hedgehogians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Environment, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Defense and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Igel. The average income tax rate is 66.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Violet Hedgehogian economy, worth 11.8 trillion Hedgehogs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. Average income is 37,966 Hedgehogs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, billions of Hedgehogs are being poured into a space program, separatists boast glistening offices on Igel's Embassy Row, and the government is spending millions on alternative clean-burning fuels. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Violet Hedgehog's national animal is the Hedgehog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Violet Hedgehog was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Violet Hedgehog, the government is spending millions on alternative clean-burning fuels.
- : Following new legislation in Violet Hedgehog, separatists boast glistening offices on Igel's Embassy Row.
- : Following new legislation in Violet Hedgehog, billions of Hedgehogs are being poured into a space program.
- : Following new legislation in Violet Hedgehog, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- : Following new legislation in Violet Hedgehog, people believe that if you teach a man to fish he won't buy fish from you any more.
- : Violet Hedgehog endorsed The Free Land of Human-Monster-cooperative.
- : Violet Hedgehog voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Durkadurkiranistan II".
- : Following new legislation in Violet Hedgehog, sick days are on the rise.
- : Following new legislation in Violet Hedgehog, there'll be no comeback tour for many former boy bands.
Endorsements Received: 60 » Empire of Bentopia, O-BrokiPuppet, Bietzopolis, The Traditional States, The Evile Empire, Ormantum, The 3rd Swedish Empire, Spiceamia, Reatilber Soclistice, Kingdom of Montana, Gorzi, Josephtan, New Suternia, Salanernterthwazva, Geektopia, Angea, Big Boys Woolies, United Soviet States of Russian Empire, Calponia, United Cascadian Peoples, Palancia, Cheesecakeastan, Ritterdorf, Gliesetonia, Negra Modelo, Runegeist, New Zatanga, Pac Viridion, Ierna, San Guglielmo, Laureland, Anglo Slumania, Banana Man154, Opek, Laurennia, Baconbacon123, Ravennog, Nordenfriedland, Hoping For The Best, The MiniNation, Dependants, Tyranogorgon, Svea-Noregr, Yeetopolus, Nikosan, Mjopolis, The X territories, Furbytown, Vidor, Kiyona, and 10 others.Hidden the Artic, Nordisle, Federated anarchic communes, Obliquity, Risastorstein, North Ursania, WashingtonState, Tibus Heth, Lyceus, and Tetros.