The Armed Republic of Volkskam is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, prohibition of alcohol, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 794 million Volkskamians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Verecundia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 69.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Volkskamian economy, worth 75.1 trillion Handshakes a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Furniture Restoration, and Information Technology. Average income is 94,626 Handshakes, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 541,996 per year while the poor average 7,971, a ratio of 68.0 to 1.
Wanting a better life for your child is prohibited by a clause in the criminal code, the justice of Volkskam is considered superior to that of other nations, public executions just aren't the cheery spectacles they once were, and exploding toys that leak battery acid are back in the shops after the government declared child safety 'over-rated'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Volkskam's national animal is the Tiger, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Volkskam was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Kingdom of Stargard.
- : Volkskam was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes and the Top 10% for Most Developed and Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Following new legislation in Volkskam, exploding toys that leak battery acid are back in the shops after the government declared child safety 'over-rated'.
- : Volkskam was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Corporate Police State".
- : Volkskam was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Zaeka.
- : Volkskam was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector and the Top 10% for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Volkskam endorsed The United States of Caffeinated.
- : Volkskam was endorsed by The United States of Caffeinated.
- : Volkskam endorsed The Supine Socialist Slothland of Maowi.
- : Following new legislation in Volkskam, public executions just aren't the cheery spectacles they once were.
Endorsements Received: 73 » South Eastern Centralia, United-Marrshmallows, Pirataria, Polgaria, Dat Countreh, Le Libertia, Raghallaigh, Prosa, Gabingston, Mancheseva City, Eloscape, Arvigiel, SETTLEMENT OF DREAMS, Ipsonasia, Purgitz, Lethen, Genistan, ROFLOLMAO LAND, Muertio, Tomaenia, Beriwen, Voxum Mortalum, Brickfield, Zakanda, Poquaoi, The Democratic Peoples, Kroll Union, The United Socialist Republic of Datlof, Lastovipol, Liveropolis, Bolger, Aexnidaral, Zangc, Igueranel, Former Raxhiria, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Acapais, Twilight Ways, Terra Potestatem, Volkovica, Horspon, Vaioretta, Elaeria, Almendron, Desrouleaux, Clan MacNeal, Emastalia, Clialaad, Uniarq, Greatnessity City, and 23 others.Zintibia, New Sickled, Gulibia, Murden, Ikheria, Purple Ruthenia, Chungus World, Sagehills, Upper Prestina, Saarland-Niederbayern, Verteger, New Peoples Empire, Federal Republic of Respondia, The United Peoples of Centrism, Duame, Mikkazuki, Ajaccino, Deathfall, Coloamerica, Maowi, Caffeinated, Zaeka, and Kingdom of Stargard.