The Federation of Wanabe is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Papewaio with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, strictly enforced bedtime, and vat-grown people. The compassionate, humorless population of 7.473 billion Wanabeans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 8.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Wanabean economy, worth a remarkable 1,495 trillion talegoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 200,059 talegoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Primetime re-runs of The Black and White Minstrel Show are a critical hit, the nation's most "productive" diamond mine hasn't been operational for seven months, travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs, and the entire entry for Wanabe in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the World reads 'mostly harmless'. Crime is totally unknown. Wanabe's national animal is the fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Wanabe, the entire entry for Wanabe in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the World reads 'mostly harmless'.
- : Following new legislation in Wanabe, travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs.
- : Following new legislation in Wanabe, the nation's most "productive" diamond mine hasn't been operational for seven months.
- : Wanabe was endorsed by The Disconcerting Deputy of Flying Snow.
- : Following new legislation in Wanabe, primetime re-runs of The Black and White Minstrel Show are a critical hit.
- : Following new legislation in Wanabe, international television adverts praise the nation as a worker's paradise.
- : Following new legislation in Wanabe, the nation leads The East Pacific in per capita stalking.
- : Following new legislation in Wanabe, on-duty Air Wanabe flight attendants are usually seen napping in first class.
- : Following new legislation in Wanabe, Papewaio tells rebellious ministers to "drop and give me twenty".
- : Wanabe was endorsed by The Social Libertarian Republic of Enlil.
Endorsements Received: 92 » A Slanted Black Stripe, Asendavia, Brotherland, ReeK, Am Echad, H-Zhena, Kangarawa, Wiranath, CopyCato, Mastariere, Peryn, Dark Edgyness, Hizuru, Socialist Holy American Empire, British Calradia, Squid Ruinosa, Eagas, Neruch, Republic of Berzerkistan, United China Nation, Rhealaliit, VW53Aland, Axdel, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, BearStackof2015, Kilkire, The United Asian Republics, The United Neo American Union, Libertanny, Grossvietnam, Liberstankonia, Pekweng, La xinga, Adolanta, Servants of Gizmo, Marrabuk, Kyrloth, Dragons Blood, Martonica, Amjedia, The Militarius Imperium, Evrigenis, East Malaysia, Rainbow Vests, Ridann, Pakitsk, Zukchiva, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, Todd McCloud, Republic of New India, and 42 others.Fellon, Tretrid, Schrebia, Freedomindia, Greater New Cassandra, Merlovich, Ripsylvania, Rohanland, BuciLand, The Three States of Fortuna, Staynes, Azureano, Rage Mage, San Castillo, The Eternal Land of Jong, Mays Austrian Nation, Yossito II, Raunch, Sovietsoyuz, A mean old man, Centrical Union, Santa Dystopia, Survivoristan, Eastern Hyront Scassen, Nevertopia, Stellar Colonies, Technocratic Tagalog, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Blobbo, Ephem, Halaethaed Commune, Modra, Azakhuland, Oofery, Horn of Havenkaap, New Leganes, Castle Federation, Layngderfleethe, Neue Leipzig, Royal Hampshire, Enlil, and Flying Snow.