The Republic of Wane is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Feria Lannon with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 3.39 billion Waneans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dala. The average income tax rate is 79.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Wanean economy, worth 287 trillion Naras a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 84,727 Naras, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
EpiPen sales have skyrocketed, construction workers evacuate work sites after finding sharp rocks on the ground, people believe that if you teach a man to fish he won't buy fish from you any more, and economists have been named Invertebrates of the Year. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wane's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wane voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Land of Kings and Emperors".
- : Wane voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ending School Segregation".
- : Wane endorsed The Sororal Republics of Wallenburg.
- : Wane endorsed The Disconcerting Deputy of Flying Snow.
- : Following new legislation in Wane, economists have been named Invertebrates of the Year.
- : Wane was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Wane was endorsed by The Disconcerting Deputy of Flying Snow.
- : Wane was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Wane was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Wane was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
Endorsements Received: 44 » H-Zhena, A Slanted Black Stripe, Hizuru, Brotherland, Wiranath, Wizardonia, VW53Aland, Axdel, Am Echad, BearStackof2015, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Kangarawa, Libertanny, Liberstankonia, Republic of Berzerkistan, Eagas, Marrabuk, Rhealaliit, Dragons Blood, Squid Ruinosa, Evrigenis, Zukchiva, Ridann, Pakitsk, Asendavia, The Three States of Fortuna, Ripsylvania, Tretrid, The Eternal Land of Jong, A mean old man, Greater New Cassandra, Mays Austrian Nation, Survivoristan, Santa Dystopia, Ephem, Modra, Kavanos, Oofery, Horn of Havenkaap, New Leganes, Castle Federation, and Flying Snow.