The Kingdom of Webvania is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Leader Webb with an iron fist, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 1.439 billion Webvanians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Webvania City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.9%.
The very strong Webvanian economy, worth 125 trillion Crowns a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Book Publishing, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 87,497 Crowns, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 260,158 per year while the poor average 23,071, a ratio of 11.3 to 1.
Petitions to the government are being used to insulate politicians' office walls, legitimate job descriptions now include "smiling and waving", would-be emigrants are told "abandon all hope all ye who would exit here", and Dogman-branded weapons are all the rage in the militaristic comic-book community. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Webvania's national animal is the Arachnid, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Webvania was endorsed by The Republic of Huks Gares.
- : Webvania was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Idumetala.
- : Webvania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Webvania, Dogman-branded weapons are all the rage in the militaristic comic-book community.
- : Following new legislation in Webvania, would-be emigrants are told "abandon all hope all ye who would exit here".
- : Following new legislation in Webvania, legitimate job descriptions now include "smiling and waving".
- : Following new legislation in Webvania, petitions to the government are being used to insulate politicians' office walls.
- : Following new legislation in Webvania, the police are destroying all photographic evidence of their own existence.
- : Webvania endorsed The Federal Republic of Dabarastan.
- : Following new legislation in Webvania, anyone who sneezes at border crossings is turned away.
Endorsements Received: 110 » Notyoutopia, El Fiji Grande, Shibutani, Runeda, Territorio di Nessuno, Sinelona, Zokk, Alunya, Shin-Hachioji, The Rhein States, Loutsland, Test for a new hope, Bearical, Koda-Land, Siwale, Sockmanland, Sundred, Yaorozu, Valhalla123, Daiz, Sil Dorsett, Corfad, Pallaith, Xzavia-Hjar, Guer Aike, Ethnon, Kwaj, Omnistria, New Bremerton, Great Javadwipa, Zumlandia, Spartoptia, Holy Oranz, Federation Terra Australis, Trillius, Dreadton, Sunto, Dar es Saalam, Eri-Maqa-Ena, The Tampa Bay Rays, 1 very fast endotarter, Selfgradatude, PlanetPunk, North Bratislava, Wilkshire, Wineclaw, Elder Realms, Duerrlewang, Makersaulache, Kasazzastan, and 60 others.Victoriaans Nederlands, Cuyan, New Octicarg, Jasminlandia, McMasterdonia, Great Bights Mum, Torakuen, Shadowrik, General COE, Steampunk Ariel, Glurponia, Abject Ludicrosity, Frances Francis the First of France, Orven, Juggernautilus, Guslantis, The Stratosphere Islands, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Black Templares, Aratani, Ponantine, Maott, Racoda, Pasargad, Wisconsota, Gnomewatchers, The Nation that will win Soops for 9003, Amauri, Potestasia, Moubarakistan, U S Eh, Eteles, Clan Spaniel, Xentherida, United Western Federation, Tachycardia, Angshire, Miruma, United Kahndaq, Kranostav, Penrith, Yukti, PotatoFarmers, Loli County, Nothru Lerple, Pazair, Unimaginable Doom, Empy, The Iron Lions, Seenvorland, Vincone Cae, Dabarastan, Orado, Viridiann, Afcon, Zyvetskistaahn, Serendipita Martia, Eravonia, Idumetala, and Huks Gares.