The Democratic States of Weezeland is a huge, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its daily referendums, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and suspicion of poets. The hard-working, democratic population of 631 million Weezelandians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, with Healthcare, Law & Order, and Defense also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Welfare receive no funds. The average income tax rate is 14.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Weezelandian economy, worth 49.1 trillion breads a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 77,775 breads, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Anniversaries of major historical events pass unnoticed, suicide victims often leave behind cash to cover the cost of their fines, police spend their Saturday nights breaking up illegal street races, and candidates for public office painstakingly research their family trees to ensure their eligibility. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Weezeland's national animal is the Pufferfish, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Weezeland was endorsed by The United Federation of Coruh.
- : Weezeland was endorsed by The Federation of Ephem.
- : Weezeland was endorsed by The Vivancantadian Kartaganra of Technocratic Tagalog.
- : Weezeland was endorsed by The Pax Stellarum of Stellar Colonies.
- : Weezeland was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Rainbow Vests.
- : Weezeland was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Someseni.
- : Weezeland was endorsed by The Fanciful Tales of Refuge Isle.
- : Weezeland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Peaceful First Contact".
- : Following new legislation in Weezeland, candidates for public office painstakingly research their family trees to ensure their eligibility.
- : Following new legislation in Weezeland, police spend their Saturday nights breaking up illegal street races.
Endorsements Received: 24 » VW53Aland, H-Zhena, Todd McCloud, Zukchiva, Asendavia, Brotherland, Lingu, Marrabuk, The Three States of Fortuna, East Malaysia, Tretrid, The Eternal Land of Jong, Evrigenis, Mays Austrian Nation, Libertanny, A mean old man, BuciLand, Santa Dystopia, Someseni, Rainbow Vests, Stellar Colonies, Technocratic Tagalog, Ephem, and Coruh.