The Democratic Republic of Werglum is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Ann ODam with an even hand, and renowned for its ban on automobiles, state-planned economy, and national health service. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.252 billion Werglumians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Syrenead. The average income tax rate is 90.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Werglumian economy, worth 135 trillion Dracips a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 108,514 Dracips, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles, the song 'They Got an Awful Lot of Coffee in Werglum' is a smash hit, RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept, and the nation's leader is normally just referred to as "snuggle-wuggle-huggy-bear". Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Werglum's national animal is the Airedale Terrier, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is None.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Werglum was endorsed by The Free Land of Santa Dystopia.
- : Werglum was endorsed by The Federal Republic of BuciLand.
- : Werglum was endorsed by The ENDORSE LIBERTANNY of The Atlae Isles.
- : Werglum was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Nevertopia.
- : Werglum was endorsed by The Weed-choked lawn of A mean old man.
- : Werglum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Apulita".
- : Werglum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Regulating Desalination".
- : Following new legislation in Werglum, the nation's leader is normally just referred to as "snuggle-wuggle-huggy-bear".
- : Following new legislation in Werglum, RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept.
- : Following new legislation in Werglum, the song 'They Got an Awful Lot of Coffee in Werglum' is a smash hit.
Endorsements Received: 44 » Marrabuk, VW53Aland, H-Zhena, Am Echad, Ridann, East Malaysia, BearStackof2015, Brotherland, Matdor, Squid Ruinosa, Wiranath, Republic of Berzerkistan, Evrigenis, Liberstankonia, Modra, Rainbow Vests, Someseni, Zukchiva, Pakitsk, Asendavia, Tretrid, Stellar Colonies, Axdel, Dragons Blood, Libertanny, Coruh, The Three States of Fortuna, Ripsylvania, Peoples Republic of GG, Eudinity, The Eternal Land of Jong, Mays Austrian Nation, Greater New Cassandra, Raunch, Sokala, Technocratic Tagalog, The Earth Systems Alliance, Staynes, Oofery, A mean old man, Nevertopia, The Atlae Isles, BuciLand, and Santa Dystopia.