The Federation of West Nire Islands is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Mitxel with a fair hand, and notable for its pith helmet sales, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, democratic population of 936 million West Nire Islandsians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Blanche Montagne. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 27.5%.
The powerhouse West Nire Islandsian economy, worth 83.5 trillion Nires a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 89,173 Nires, with the richest citizens earning 5.7 times as much as the poorest.
The poor are often seen pale and dizzy after selling their blood to make ends meet, the tenet of free speech is held dear, the government has become increasingly militant, and criminals are put to death while cuddling their favourite teddy bear. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. West Nire Islands's national animal is the Dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : West Nire Islands endorsed The Slightly vil Vizir of Lukatonia.
- : West Nire Islands endorsed The Republic of The Ferenghi.
- : West Nire Islands was endorsed by The Republic of The Ferenghi.
- : West Nire Islands was endorsed by The Slightly vil Vizir of Lukatonia.
- : West Nire Islands's influence in Osiris rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : West Nire Islands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Preventing Desertification"".
- : West Nire Islands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : West Nire Islands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Following new legislation in West Nire Islands, criminals are put to death while cuddling their favourite teddy bear.
- : Following new legislation in West Nire Islands, the government has become increasingly militant.