The Republic of Westlantis is a huge, safe nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and absence of drug laws. The democratic population of 857 million Westlantisians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of West Atlantis. The average income tax rate is 39.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Westlantisian economy, worth 98.1 trillion Westmarks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Furniture Restoration, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 114,508 Westmarks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Nighttime sightings of raccoons sporting Circle-A patches and bandanna masks are on the rise, the state is footing the bill for billionaires' lawyers, ethnic minorities are often refused admission to some of the nation's best schools, and mechanics are often exhausted by their work. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Westlantis's national animal is the Black Leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Westlantis, mechanics are often exhausted by their work.
- : Following new legislation in Westlantis, ethnic minorities are often refused admission to some of the nation's best schools.
- : Westlantis voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Auralia".
- : Westlantis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Personal Privacy".
- : Following new legislation in Westlantis, the state is footing the bill for billionaires' lawyers.
- : Following new legislation in Westlantis, nighttime sightings of raccoons sporting Circle-A patches and bandanna masks are on the rise.
- : Westlantis endorsed The Aumeltopia Endorsers of Untied Provinces of Atlantica.
- : Westlantis was endorsed by The Aumeltopia Endorsers of Untied Provinces of Atlantica.
- : Following new legislation in Westlantis, ambitious "businessmen" use their children to sell and advertise their products.
- : Following new legislation in Westlantis, the nation's prisons are touted as the best weight loss programs money can't buy.
Endorsements Received: 57 » Abarri, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Aywhyou, Saciu, Erinor, Beepee, Concrete Slab, Volaworand, Awjan, Hanguk-Nippon, Auphelia, Aumeltopia, Anachronolandia, Quiescent, Shengtie, Sedunn, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Luddinlande, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Whimichy, The Solar System Scope, Farengeto, Aidenfieeld, Maletora, North Prarie, Jahass, Wehraboos, Academy of Umbrellas, Wyatonians, Akindom, Drugged Monkeys, Churumduul, Tsunamy, State of Iowa, Upper Tyrconnel, Mew Nation, The Filippinas, Sesteran, Roavin, Pays de Loire, Choodox, Amerion, Wild Space, Kringalia, Great Africans, Tsvetania, Ostanasia, Qvait, PenguinPies, Rebel-topia, and 7 others.Dasko, United Federated States of Omega, Aurcania, Jehenna, Ariankido, The Sk8ing Unicorn, and Untied Provinces of Atlantica.