The Republic of Wigwag is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, smutty television, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 452 million Wigwagians are free to succeed or fail in life on their own merits; the successful tend to enjoy an opulent (but moralistic) lifestyle, while the failures can be seen crowding out most jails.
The tiny, moralistic, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Batavia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Wigwagian economy, worth 60.5 trillion Kandas a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 133,754 Kandas, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,210,971 per year while the poor average 1,750, a ratio of 691 to 1.
Oil rigs in winter are heated by contained oil slick fires, the secret ingredient is love (and MSG), ship captains always order a return to port at the slightest sign of rain, and hit TV show 'The eXecution Factor' is a critical success. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Wigwag's national animal is the Sea cucumber, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Wigwag, hit TV show 'The eXecution Factor' is a critical success.
- : Following new legislation in Wigwag, ship captains always order a return to port at the slightest sign of rain.
- : Following new legislation in Wigwag, the secret ingredient is love (and MSG).
- : Following new legislation in Wigwag, oil rigs in winter are heated by contained oil slick fires.
- : Following new legislation in Wigwag, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Batavia.
- : Following new legislation in Wigwag, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend.
- : Wigwag was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate.
- : Wigwag was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Sedek-Cantus.
- : Wigwag was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Wigwag, career advisors ask sociopathic orphan girls if they have considered becoming professional assassins.
Endorsements Received: 62 » Kuriko, Kachikawawa, Solarampa, Evertopia, The Parandeam, Wysrod, Waitiki, Vill Send, Greenmont Federation, Bortheria, Dustwind, The Republic of Osea, Valentian Elysium, Anisopterra, Germanic and Jewish people, Ascended Union, Ignis Cinere, Novegia, Old Atlantica, Krystalveil, Slaytania, Nooooooooooooooo, Islands of Czechia, Aspistania, Katitania, Iontan, Anollasia, AciaciaMont, Itic, Canthos, Medetas, Liberdon, Jimjam Goober, Haxx Isles, QuazaFire, Anarchals, Mastodonia, Northern Nivaria, The Soylent Green Party, Kyrizstanislav, Free Booze, Better Indonesia, Porymonia, The Pizza, Zeganas, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Point Comfort Colony, Coreras, Marroc, Achiotopia, and 12 others.Quwoe, Marxist Germany, Kebecois, Northern African Sahara, Testa, Lower Phlebacite, Kildare, Tzo, Bailsland, City of Saint Nicolas, Republic of Nutella, and Sedek-Cantus.