|Leader||Queen Amélie Sayi|
The Kingdom of Winian Islands is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Queen Amélie Sayi with a fair hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, ritual sacrifices, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 24.093 billion Winians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Naïam. The average income tax rate is 92.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Winian economy, worth a remarkable 3,870 trillion Winian Francs a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 160,658 Winian Francs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, students memorise knock-knock jokes for their mandatory twice-a-term Comedy Examinations, space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down, and no one believes anything until it has been strenuously tested and peer-reviewed. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Winian Islands's national animal is the Green Peacock, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Buddhism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Winian Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Winian Islands changed its national motto to "Ni peur ni vaincu".
- : Winian Islands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Scardino".
- : Winian Islands changed its national capital to "Naïam" and its motto to "Nation, Foi, Roi".
- : Winian Islands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Winian Islands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "International Radio Standards Act".
- : Winian Islands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Verdant Haven".
- : Winian Islands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Tariffs and Trade Convention".
- : Winian Islands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend The Holy Principality of Saint Mark"".
- : Winian Islands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fairness in Collective Bargaining".
Endorsements Received: None.