The Confederacy of Winnak is a huge, orderly nation, renowned for its complete lack of prisons, ban on automobiles, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 619 million Winnakians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Winnak. The average income tax rate is 77.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Winnakian economy, worth 56.3 trillion Pereans a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 90,881 Pereans, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government-sponsored autobiography 'A Leader For All Seasons' has only been bought by the most loyal of Leader's supporters, the dessert 'Death by Chocolate' isn't the most lethal dish on the menu, it's best to decline if Leader offers to buy a round of drinks, and science centers and state of the art laboratories are ubiquitous. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Winnak's national animal is the Monarch Butterfly, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Winnak was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Grov Portion.
- : Winnak was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Winnak was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Guztavo.
- : Winnak was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Novamexia 3.
- : Winnak was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Baobab-Bumbaria.
- : Winnak was endorsed by The Republic of Androxis.
- : Following new legislation in Winnak, science centers and state of the art laboratories are ubiquitous.
- : Following new legislation in Winnak, it's best to decline if Leader offers to buy a round of drinks.
- : Following new legislation in Winnak, the dessert 'Death by Chocolate' isn't the most lethal dish on the menu.
- : Following new legislation in Winnak, the government-sponsored autobiography 'A Leader For All Seasons' has only been bought by the most loyal of Leader's supporters.
Endorsements Received: 78 » South Eastern Centralia, Lethen, Aexnidaral, Terra Potestatem, Eloscape, Twilight Ways, Volkovica, Desrouleaux, Mancheseva City, Betelguesa, United Kingdoms of Redania, Uniarq, Purgitz, Pirataria, Trollfaceia, Serpahima, Vlazinova, Raghallaigh, Cortlandt Manor, Igueranel, Arvigiel, Poquaoi, 1Grasslandia, Le Libertia, Ipsonasia, Utopian Earth, Zakanda, Free Rosabell, Acapais, Clialaad, Illangdonall, Voxum Mortalum, United-Marrshmallows, Muertio, Salxeburg, New Peoples Empire, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Liveropolis, Gooblaria, ROFLOLMAO LAND, --Neo-America--, Andradus, Bellcon, Coloamerica, Estingberg, Greatnessity City, Emastalia, Saarland-Niederbayern, The Democratic Peoples, Purple Ruthenia, and 28 others.New Sickled, Mediocrea, Murden, Ikheria, The Lost Men, Off God Islands, Gabingston, Budraria, Chungus World, Mikkazuki, Upper Prestina, SETTLEMENT OF DREAMS, Union Lysk, The Tugboat Complex, The United Peoples of Centrism, Thurston, Caffeinated, Ajaccino, Sagehills, Deathfall, Sevanorea, Pyrhus, Brickfield, Kingdom of Stargard, Androxis, Baobab-Bumbaria, Novamexia 3, and Grov Portion.