The Dominion of Wolventoft is a massive, genial nation, remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.422 billion Wolventoftians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Espantro. The average income tax rate is 52.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Wolventoftian economy, worth 96.5 trillion Toofs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 39,849 Toofs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A sledgehammer and a spray can are seen as the default tools of political debate, getting an autograph has become harder than ever, ambitious "businessmen" use their children to sell and advertise their products, and diminutive Wolventoftian generals are feared for their aggressiveness. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wolventoft's national animal is the Meerkat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wolventoft was endorsed by The MP of Zon island.
- : Wolventoft voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Regulation on the Integrity of Genetic Data".
- : Following new legislation in Wolventoft, diminutive Wolventoftian generals are feared for their aggressiveness.
- : Wolventoft endorsed The Portable Air Cooler of Requelizza.
- : Wolventoft endorsed The Republic of Rivogna.
- : Wolventoft was endorsed by The Southern Kingdom of Taralania.
- : Wolventoft was endorsed by The Republic of Rivogna.
- : Wolventoft was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Wolventoft endorsed The Corporate Republic of Cheesecakeastan.
- : Wolventoft was endorsed by The Corporate Republic of Cheesecakeastan.
Endorsements Received: 17 » The Marconian State, Preatona, Rushenberg, Cerdenia, Rhyddfraint, Orsily, Rhodesae, Rayekka, Besancia, Pendors, European Technocratic Union, Brototh, Nouvelle Valois, ElBaron, Cheesecakeastan, Rivogna, and Zon island.