|Leader||Central Officer Bradford|
The Operatives of XCOM Project is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Central Officer Bradford with an even hand, and renowned for its ban on automobiles, free-roaming dinosaurs, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 11.89 billion XCOM Operatives are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Avenger. The average income tax rate is 92.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient XCOM Operative economy, worth a remarkable 1,605 trillion Council Fundings a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 135,063 Council Fundings, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Annulments are on the rise as couples discover their ancestors were born in the same hospitals, the government only invests in infrastructure after a natural disaster, Central Officer Bradford's told that love often manifests itself through homicidal four-lettered litanies, and anti-vaxxers claim that injected children are prone to psychotic breaks when they see the 'Queen of Diamonds' playing card. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. XCOM Project's national animal is the Skyranger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : XCOM Project was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : XCOM Project's influence in Shinka rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : XCOM Project's influence in Shinka rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : XCOM Project's influence in Shinka rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : XCOM Project was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : XCOM Project was endorsed by The Theocracy of Wabberjocky.
- : XCOM Project's influence in Shinka rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : XCOM Project was endorsed by The Free Land of Vengeance up on those who invades.
- : XCOM Project endorsed The Aaarghs of Aaargh.
- : XCOM Project endorsed The Free Land of Vengeance up on those who invades.