The United Socialist States of Xeralaversian is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its daily referendums, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 639 million Xeralaverists have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government prioritizes Education, although Welfare, Environment, and Administration are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 60.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Xeralaversianian economy, worth 20.7 trillion marks a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 32,336 marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars, parking's carefree without parking car fees, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and anti-government web sites are springing up. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Xeralaversian's national animal is the pangolin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Xeralaversian was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Following new legislation in Xeralaversian, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- : Following new legislation in Xeralaversian, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- : Following new legislation in Xeralaversian, parking's carefree without parking car fees.
- : Following new legislation in Xeralaversian, libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars.
- : Following new legislation in Xeralaversian, the government tries not to listen to the people unless it absolutely has to.
- : Xeralaversian was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Xeralaversian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Marrabuk".
- : Xeralaversian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Microplastics".
- : Xeralaversian published "Open and Closed to all" (Factbook: Religion).