The Democratic Republic of Xerialist is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, state-planned economy, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed population of 425 million Xerialistians are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The medium-sized, moralistic government prioritizes Education, with Defense, Healthcare, and Administration also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Xerinburghz. The average income tax rate is 37.4%.
The powerhouse Xerialistian economy, worth 46.6 trillion Nůmismas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 109,749 Nůmismas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
Exceptionally talented workers are praised more than Revolutionary heroes, you're never too young to learn how to lie with confidence, high school band practice is often crashed by technicolor-clad ravers, and life-saving resuscitation is denied based on decades-old teenage diaries that declare "I want to die before I get old". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Xerialist's national animal is the Caspian Falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Xerialist, life-saving resuscitation is denied based on decades-old teenage diaries that declare "I want to die before I get old".
- : Following new legislation in Xerialist, high school band practice is often crashed by technicolor-clad ravers.
- : Following new legislation in Xerialist, you're never too young to learn how to lie with confidence.
- : Xerialist voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Following new legislation in Xerialist, exceptionally talented workers are praised more than Revolutionary heroes.
- : Following new legislation in Xerialist, school teachers check the staff room for hidden webcams before complaining about rebellious students.
- : Xerialist was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Following new legislation in Xerialist, graverobbers claim they're acting within the interest of 'scientific preservation'.
- : Following new legislation in Xerialist, a blood-red mark on the doorframe means a building must be passed over for destruction.
- : Following new legislation in Xerialist, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway.
Endorsements Received: 54 » Mancheseva City, Purgitz, Raghallaigh, Emastalia, Salxeburg, New Peoples Empire, Liberepublia, Clialaad, Pirataria, Aexnidaral, Twilight Ways, Desrouleaux, Eloscape, Acapais, Le Libertia, Illangdonall, Lethen, Muertio, Saarland-Niederbayern, Serpahima, North is Better, South Eastern Centralia, Teutonic Kaiserreich, Almendron, Trollfaceia, Caffeinated, The Democratic Peoples, Purple Ruthenia, Zintibia, Arvigiel, ROFLOLMAO LAND, Murden, Terra Potestatem, Gulibia, Ikheria, Chungus World, Verteger, Akeland, The United Peoples of Centrism, Malashaan Colony, Ajaccino, Mikkazuki, Cortlandt Manor, Envielle, Deathfall, Ipsonasia, Estingberg, Zaeka, Foril, Brickfield, and 4 others.Fionima, United-Marrshmallows, Kingdom of Stargard, and Bellcon.