The Stratocracy of Yorrkon is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Felton Vince with an iron fist, and notable for its state-planned economy, compulsory military service, and soft-spoken computers. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 2.266 billion Yorrks are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Renston. The average income tax rate is 43.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Yorrkish economy, worth 199 trillion Vences a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Tourism, and Cheese Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 87,887 Vences, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Rare art has become a significant factor in negotiating all foreign trade agreements, death row inmates cower in fear at the phrase "one-year anniversary", major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, and the government violently suppresses separatist movements. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yorrkon's national animal is the Malamute, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yorrkon was endorsed by The United States of Zipistan Islands.
- : Yorrkon was endorsed by The Empire of Deus Vult121.
- : Yorrkon's influence in The Western Isles rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Yorrkon was endorsed by The Kingdom of Tauskland.
- : Yorrkon endorsed The People's Republic of Lovicia.
- : Yorrkon was endorsed by The People's Republic of Lovicia.
- : Yorrkon voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Confederation of Corrupt Dictators"".
- : Yorrkon endorsed The Free Land of Atamari.
- : Yorrkon was endorsed by The Free Land of Atamari.
- : Yorrkon endorsed Cauralia.
Endorsements Received: 25 » Vancouvia, Keomora, Thuzbekistan, San Montagna, Townside, Aruia, Athara Magarat, Belle Ilse en Terre, Dragao do Mar, Agadar, Linaviar, Kim Yerim Numba 1, Torom, Corindia, Gregorian Republic, Llananas, Razzgriz, Renfield, United Bilenia, Central Deimos, Nhoor, Cosie, Blakenham, Atamari, and Zipistan Islands.