The Republic of Yumaka is a massive, safe nation, remarkable for its otherworldly petting zoo, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and ban on automobiles. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.192 billion Yumakans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Administration, and Industry also on the agenda, while Defense and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Seoul. The average income tax rate is 64.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Yumakan economy, worth 102 trillion won a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 85,761 won, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The government regularly reassures citizens that there are no monsters under their beds, more than one company makes the board game Monopoly, the Yumaka Enquirer offers weekly cash prizes for 'most blasphemous song, story, or cartoon', and trails to natural wonders are littered with trash from reality film crews. Crime is totally unknown. Yumaka's national animal is the goose, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Yumaka, trails to natural wonders are littered with trash from reality film crews.
- : Following new legislation in Yumaka, the Yumaka Enquirer offers weekly cash prizes for 'most blasphemous song, story, or cartoon'.
- : Following new legislation in Yumaka, more than one company makes the board game Monopoly.
- : Following new legislation in Yumaka, the government regularly reassures citizens that there are no monsters under their beds.
- : Following new legislation in Yumaka, the nation's reinforced coffee tables are constructed to survive an atomic blast.
- : Following new legislation in Yumaka, business meetings across the country are interrupted by the sound of squeaking whoopee-cushions.
- : Yumaka was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Wendelandia.
- : Following new legislation in Yumaka, supermarkets must refund spoilt milk even six months after the sale.
- : Following new legislation in Yumaka, tax rises are attributed to divine will.
- : Following new legislation in Yumaka, government theft from poor artists to give to rich allies has been dubbed the "reverse Robin Hood" policy.
Endorsements Received: 108 » Izonno, H-Zhena, Axdel, Fedele, A Slanted Black Stripe, Roissyland, Tim Stark, Choushuu, Davelands, Talitoa, Merlovich, Osterreich und Ungarn, Solarfall, Pakitsk, Elejamie, Danesopia, Brotherland, Ellsonian Dominion, Adavan, Just Vale 2, Todd McCloud, Ad Honorem Dei, Arkantis, Lanagon, Squid Ruinosa, Trimmania, ReeK, Unger under over, Kampf Empire, Socialist Holy American Empire, The Sacred Whale, Imperial Akatsuki, New Birblands, Ridann, Ribanzi, Drunken Seal Islands, The Southern Isles of Dreyse, Kangarawa, Roliganistan, The Empire of Rijelv, Davinhia, Bullpups, Ravendi, Bacon Land, Kucia, Agonya, Bai Lung, Airrajul, Servants of Gizmo, Someseni, and 58 others.Lyontisia, Kaigi, Republic of Berzerkistan, Neruch, Wizardonia, Shantan, Wiranath, Gemookul, Tel Mithru, Federated States of Zootron, Akorial, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Blazing Samaritan, Freedom Fascists, Betremia, VW53Aland, Am Echad, Ver Norge, The Soviet Space Commie Union, Ciggie Smallistan, Urimel, Bakaworld, Mundiferrum, The Holy Empire of Moronica, New Leganes, Goodnamesarerare, Solestia, The Romanum Legio, Bachtendekuppen, Sansangra, Eagas, Survivoristan, Adolanta, Biggstonia, CopyCato, Aristortia, Hizuru, The Angel of Charity, Bytes, Aelitia, Janoobi Jazair, Rhealaliit, BearStackof2015, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, The United Asian Republics, CheeseBurrito, Justice-Becoming, Kilkire, VoyKovie, Marrico, Aleister, Greater Felter, Funkadelia, Way Flufff, The United Neo American Union, The Holy Utopian Republic, Opossum Slayer, and Wendelandia.