The Armed Republic of Yuritoria is a huge, efficient nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, daily referendums, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 393 million Yuritorians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Defense, with Education, Law & Order, and Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kamihama. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 30.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Yuritorian economy, worth 44.6 trillion yurimarks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 113,482 yurimarks, with the richest citizens earning 5.8 times as much as the poorest.
All recreational drugs are legal, the roads are virtually falling apart, airplane passengers who purchase "basic economy" tickets are often assigned seats in the lavatory, and every spring railroad foundations erode to reveal human remains. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yuritoria's national animal is the cat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yuritoria was endorsed by The ENDORSE LIBERTANNY of The Atlae Isles.
- : Yuritoria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Following new legislation in Yuritoria, every spring railroad foundations erode to reveal human remains.
- : Following new legislation in Yuritoria, airplane passengers who purchase "basic economy" tickets are often assigned seats in the lavatory.
- : Following new legislation in Yuritoria, the roads are virtually falling apart.
- : Following new legislation in Yuritoria, all recreational drugs are legal.
- : Following new legislation in Yuritoria, convicted criminals are given free limo rides to jail.
- : Following new legislation in Yuritoria, the government is using tax revenues to provide jobs for the poor.
- : Following new legislation in Yuritoria, major cities are suffering under water rationing.
- : Yuritoria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
Endorsements Received: 31 » German South-East Africa, Marrabuk, Brotherland, Osterreich und Ungarn, VW53Aland, East Malaysia, Dragons Blood, Zukchiva, H-Zhena, Lingu, Stellar Colonies, Tretrid, Asendavia, The Three States of Fortuna, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Rainbow Vests, The Eternal Land of Jong, Mays Austrian Nation, Staynes, Evrigenis, Raunch, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Technocratic Tagalog, Didusland, Oofery, Modra, Our Gods, Horungistan, Libertanny, A mean old man, and The Atlae Isles.