The Kingdom of Yurpa is a huge, genial nation, notable for its public floggings, zero percent divorce rate, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cynical, devout population of 365 million Yurpans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 37.4%.
The very strong Yurpan economy, worth 23.6 trillion Pents a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Basket Weaving, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 64,542 Pents, with the richest citizens earning 7.6 times as much as the poorest.
Industry tycoons rarely hide their misdeeds due to the government's habit of bailing them out, homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways, the government violently suppresses separatist movements, and small shoes often wash up on the beach. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yurpa's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yurpa was endorsed by The Federal Republic of BuciLand.
- : Yurpa was endorsed by The ENDORSE LIBERTANNY of The Atlae Isles.
- : Yurpa was endorsed by The Weed-choked lawn of A mean old man.
- : Yurpa's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Yurpa was endorsed by The Parrot Excommunigate of Libertanny.
- : Yurpa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Yurpa voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Regulating Desalination".
- : Yurpa voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Apulita".
- : Following new legislation in Yurpa, small shoes often wash up on the beach.
- : Following new legislation in Yurpa, the government violently suppresses separatist movements.
Endorsements Received: 25 » Marrabuk, The Romanum Legio, Lingu, VW53Aland, Liberstankonia, H-Zhena, Zukchiva, Brotherland, Todd McCloud, Asendavia, East Malaysia, The Three States of Fortuna, Tretrid, Aivintis, The Eternal Land of Jong, Evrigenis, Virgoliaendorses, Staynes, Mays Austrian Nation, Oofery, Modra, Libertanny, A mean old man, The Atlae Isles, and BuciLand.