|Leader||Prime Minister Declan Webster|
The People's Republic of Zakanda is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Prime Minister Declan Webster with a fair hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, infamous sell-swords, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 30.08 billion Zakandans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Industry, and Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Asina. The average income tax rate is 72.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Zakandan economy, worth a remarkable 7,476 trillion pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Gambling, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 248,568 pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The new national mascot has to be wheeled onto the field of play, court verdicts are predictable to within a hundredth of a percentage point, citizens praise the weeds that overwhelm their narrow vegetable realm, and Prime Minister Declan Webster can't hear a thing when the unwashed masses throw rocks at the new state limousine. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Zakanda's national animal is the ocelot, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Zakanda, Prime Minister Declan Webster can't hear a thing when the unwashed masses throw rocks at the new state limousine.
- : Zakanda voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Long-Term Storage Of Produced Waste".
- : Zakanda endorsed The Holy Empire of The Great Sunderlanian Empirical Rule.
- : Zakanda was endorsed by The Holy Empire of The Great Sunderlanian Empirical Rule.
- : Zakanda voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kelssek".
- : Following new legislation in Zakanda, citizens praise the weeds that overwhelm their narrow vegetable realm.
- : Following new legislation in Zakanda, court verdicts are predictable to within a hundredth of a percentage point.
- : Following new legislation in Zakanda, the new national mascot has to be wheeled onto the field of play.
- : Following new legislation in Zakanda, town nameplates frequently raise giggles from passing tourists.
- : Following new legislation in Zakanda, environmentalists are advocating slash-and-burn in the nation's forests.
Endorsements Received: 87 » Raghallaigh, Le Libertia, Caleban, Brickfield, United Kingdoms of Redania, Pirataria, Liberepublia, Estanglia, Eumenides, Polgaria, Free Rosabell, New Ryloth, Gabingston, Vlazinova, Lethen, Greatnessity City, Poquaoi, Ipsonasia, Acapais, Arvigiel, Benthamania, Cortlandt Manor, Havenwelle, Mousa Liberty, Beriwen, Katkasistan, Leonna, Junkielien, Akeland, SETTLEMENT OF DREAMS, Almendron, Voxum Mortalum, Abassyia, Mancheseva City, Arqhua, Utopian Earth, Mediocrea, Precisely Nothing, Eloscape, Genistan, Dat Countreh, Trackeendy, Bolger, Terra Potestatem, Emastalia, Caffeinated, Purple Ruthenia, Thurston, Ajaccino, Kingdom of Stargard, and 37 others.Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, Leuxas, West Wirral, Andradus, Penlopa, Alpharod, Tassaland, Primorye Oblast, New France Republic, Union Lysk, Royal Alchemia, Barcelona and Girona, Pygania, Sablania, Geektopia, Ganud, Corovos, The Democratic Peoples, Deliber, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Baobab-Bumbaria, Elwin, Cyberpunk, Sudmar Island, Caprinia, The Lost Men, Lurinsk, And Spaces, Sincluda, Zakronia, Rawatna, Disney Know it Alls, Ecolaria, Malevos, Euperis, Laudesia, and The Great Sunderlanian Empirical Rule.