|Leader||Primary Shareholder Zarkso|
The Corporatocracy of Zalodia is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Primary Shareholder Zarkso with an iron fist, and remarkable for its closed borders, barren, inhospitable landscape, and zero percent divorce rate. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 6.63 billion Zalodians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zalosanti. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Zalodian economy, worth a remarkable 1,577 trillion Zarks a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Gambling. Average income is an amazing 238,000 Zarks, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 671,825 per year while the poor average 67,492, a ratio of 10.0 to 1.
Orthopaedics patients often have a bounce in their step, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid, parents must decide between buying food and taking their children to the park, and nerds everywhere are rejoicing as they are reunited with their computers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Zalodia's national animal is the Raccoon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Profitism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zalodia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Zalodia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Land of Kings and Emperors".
- : Zalodia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Sovereign Justice Accord".
- : Following new legislation in Zalodia, nerds everywhere are rejoicing as they are reunited with their computers.
- : Following new legislation in Zalodia, parents must decide between buying food and taking their children to the park.
- : Following new legislation in Zalodia, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid.
- : Zalodia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Zalodia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Pedagogical Freedom".
- : Following new legislation in Zalodia, orthopaedics patients often have a bounce in their step.
- : Zalodia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commercial Arbitration Recognition".
Endorsements Received: 19 » Gorzi, Violet Hedgehog, Reatilber Soclistice, Runegeist, Tyranogorgon, Angea, Bietzopolis, MacPublic, The Evile Empire, Trischoczlovakia, Josephtan, Goodrum, Pollariaua, Palancia, Balkan Vojvodina, Adomania, Valltoria, The Western Wyoders, and Ritterdorf.