The Federation of Zemona is a huge, cultured nation, renowned for its keen interest in outer space, enforced nudity, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 326 million Zemonans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Naul. The average income tax rate is 47.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Zemonan economy, worth 24.2 trillion Zils a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Retail, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 74,262 Zils, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Commemorative mugs remembering last year's Black Friday Crockery Riots are a best seller this year, knitters are arrested for carrying needles in their bags, sales of disinfectant wipes have skyrocketed, and mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest-growing field. Crime is totally unknown. Zemona's national animal is the Mantis, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Zemona, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest-growing field.
- : Following new legislation in Zemona, sales of disinfectant wipes have skyrocketed.
- : Zemona voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commercial Arbitration Recognition".
- : Zemona voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Syria".
- : Following new legislation in Zemona, knitters are arrested for carrying needles in their bags.
- : Zemona was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist and the Top 10% for Safest.
- : Following new legislation in Zemona, commemorative mugs remembering last year's Black Friday Crockery Riots are a best seller this year.
- : Following new legislation in Zemona, knitting needles have been banned in the name of public safety.
- : Following new legislation in Zemona, museums stand half-empty as all foreign exhibits are returned to their countries of origin.
- : Following new legislation in Zemona, there's no representation without taxation.
Endorsements Received: 48 » Dome Artan, Kantobliv, Aureliusk, Odredlia, Naasiat Nuna, Ninrook, Waroklion, Isansland, Drawception, Dusendord, Kingdom of Sacento, Zebruski, Stateazar, La Virtaj Homoj, Vastronia, Amir2, Blurabling, South Acadia, Saxemburg, Nausta, Libate, The Southeast Earth, Corydo, The German Kaiserliche Union, Kongers, Gregroria, Red Draconia, Celestial Myriad Charm, Vennsott, Empire of Snagon V2, Chiwo, Fortuna Union, Chad4437457345875353, Prorescia, Sino-Koreans, Firseria, -AMERlCA-, Coltick, The Doge Clan, Spoela, Fusco, Krackovja, Deinotopia, Dvaduka, United Counties of the Midwest, Norderk, The Quarrymen, and Nuestro Salvador de San Pedro.