The Holy Confederacy of Zeneste is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, barren, inhospitable landscape, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 513 million Zenegote are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Administration, and Industry also on the agenda, while Defense and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ir Nouzonif. The average income tax rate is 26.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Zenestian economy, worth 43.1 trillion Biers a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Book Publishing, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 84,049 Biers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A cat may look at a king and a dude can look at an ass, business meetings across the country are interrupted by the sound of squeaking whoopee-cushions, ad-blocking has been nationalised, and most barbers are also surgeons. Crime is totally unknown. Zeneste's national animal is the Garden snake, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zeneste was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Following new legislation in Zeneste, most barbers are also surgeons.
- : Following new legislation in Zeneste, ad-blocking has been nationalised.
- : Zeneste was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Zeneste, business meetings across the country are interrupted by the sound of squeaking whoopee-cushions.
- : Zeneste changed its national nation type to "Holy Confederacy".
- : Following new legislation in Zeneste, a cat may look at a king and a dude can look at an ass.
- : Following new legislation in Zeneste, frustrated teenage boys are told that if they like it then they should have put a ring on it.
- : Following new legislation in Zeneste, bris parties are all the rage.
- : Following new legislation in Zeneste, people who have had childhood imaginary friends are told they can't ever be trusted with guns.