The United Socialist States of Zinzdan is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its irreverence towards religion, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 418 million Zinzdanians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Synapse. The average income tax rate is 53.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Zinzdanian economy, worth 30.3 trillion Dogmars a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 72,421 Dogmars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
They say that Zinzdanians made a dessert and called it peace, only adults may purchase violent video games, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing, and the nation's forests are full of treasure hunters in military-grade survival gear. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zinzdan's national animal is the Beaver, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zinzdan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Zinzdan was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Selfide.
- : Zinzdan was endorsed by The Federation of Drewish.
- : Following new legislation in Zinzdan, the nation's forests are full of treasure hunters in military-grade survival gear.
- : Following new legislation in Zinzdan, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing.
- : Following new legislation in Zinzdan, only adults may purchase violent video games.
- : Following new legislation in Zinzdan, they say that Zinzdanians made a dessert and called it peace.
- : Following new legislation in Zinzdan, royalist is the most offensive slur in the Zinzdanian language.
- : Following new legislation in Zinzdan, history textbook pages are used as impromptu tissues by distraught students.
- : Zinzdan endorsed The Democratic Republic of Lisokyo.
Endorsements Received: 46 » Wysrod, Recon Island, Tills, Republic of Karskarovyt, New Fania, Swag Chief Bubba Estate, Tamsalin, Solarampa, Krystalveil, Valentian Elysium, Northern Nivaria, Kuriko, Greenmont Federation, Lower Phlebacite, Republic of Libriano, Ignis Cinere, Republic of Nutella, Nooooooooooooooo, The Soylent Green Party, Chip Skylark, Maori Democracy, Randopian, Discotheque, Tzo, Gewisse, Ao Kuang, The Republic of Osea, Xemja, Alen-roshh, Medetas, Isentran, Lamborghini Murcielago, Evertopia, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Ehrgeizig, Leprechaun Gold, Dustwind, The Pizza, Anisopterra, Vivolkha, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, Nogalacia, Lisokyo, Drewish, and Selfide.