The Democratic Republic of Zosnor is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by JasonRahl with an iron fist, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 2.874 billion Zosnorians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tar Valon. The average income tax rate is 53.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Zosnorian economy, worth 399 trillion Zos a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 139,027 Zos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
War vets look after war animals, burial ceremonies have become as routinised as tax forms, among slaves 'bastard' is an honorific rather than an insult, and witnesses have to run a gauntlet of mob enforcers to testify at trials. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zosnor's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zosnor was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Zosnor was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Ferrhibium.
- : Zosnor was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Zosnor was endorsed by The People's Republic of Jazzfrezia.
- : Following new legislation in Zosnor, witnesses have to run a gauntlet of mob enforcers to testify at trials.
- : Following new legislation in Zosnor, among slaves 'bastard' is an honorific rather than an insult.
- : Following new legislation in Zosnor, burial ceremonies have become as routinised as tax forms.
- : Following new legislation in Zosnor, war vets look after war animals.
- : Following new legislation in Zosnor, foundling babies rarely make it off the doorsteps they are abandoned on.
- : Zosnor endorsed The Glorious People's Republic of Integria.
Endorsements Received: 107 » Tsunamy, Erinor, Land Without Shrimp, Abarri, Aidenfieeld, Barabarom, Saciu, Wehraboos, Pencil Sharpeners 2, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Volaworand, Hanguk-Nippon, Dasko, Tsvetania, Drystar, Aumeltopia, Amerion, Kringalia, Farengeto, Qvait, Beepee, PenguinPies, Jennaterra, Luddinlande, Aurcania, New Briantown, Sedunn, Imperial Duck, Linguiniland, Empa Aserium, Mapico, The Tecorogan Federation, Omiri, Grand Kingdom of Zilean Empire, Astraee, Jehenna, Yeldarbsland, Xandev, The naked people, Bear Connors Paradiso, Curlyhoward, Nueva Alta California, Bleakfoot, USNE2018, The Filippinas, Ockhamista, Bawkie, Techganet, Terran Draconia, North Kanuckistan, and 57 others.Ebonhand, West Pastafaria, Baltenlands, Anserisa, Turks of The Eastern Calculus, CzechoSlovakishMoravia, Sau Man Frescher, Nothanksbutseriously, Weburya, Holy Free, Elan Sleazebaganno, ChickenDome, Marinho Islands, Compli, Shefino, The Worst army of, Kandorith, Auphelia, Corgitopiaa, Laamiva, Well F, Ralphburg, Myness, Xarbraden, Drugged Monkeys, Sandaoguo, Kedjens, Royaltica, Midand, Concrete Slab, Andinla, West Fallows, Catillos, Lux Umbrat, Merevane, House Ahsanul, Tepertopia, Philippinia, Qawe, Phanama, Bartonia Nova, Purple Hyacinth, Ovkianos, Klobitien, Kaoia, Zataras, Rebel-topia, Ofaria, Alfama, Vanbella, Eskvenn, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Novum Sina, Ostanasia, Integria, Jazzfrezia, and Ferrhibium.