The following are proposals for WA resolutions. Any WA member nation with at least two endorsements can make a proposal, but it will only become a resolution (to be voted on by the entire WA) if it is approved by at least 6% of WA Regional Delegates.
As the WA currently has 1,417 Regional Delegates, a proposal needs 86 approvals to achieve quorum.
General Assembly Proposal
A resolution to slash worldwide military spending.
Category: Global Disarmament
Proposed by: United American Regions
Believing outer space should be a region used primarily for scientific, commercial, and other peaceful purposes, and for the advancement of humanity,
The World Assembly requires its members to:
1. Define, for the purposes of interpreting this treaty:
- outer space as all regions 62 miles above sea level
- weapon of mass destruction (WMD) to be a nuclear, radiological, chemical, biological or any other weapon that can kill and bring significant harm to a large number of humans or cause great damage to human-made structures, natural structures, or the biosphere
2. Dismantle or bring to ground all satellites, spacecraft, or any other active carrier of WMDs currently in outer space
3. Immediately and permanently end deployment of WMDs to outer space
4. Ensure non-governmental entities within a nation follow the regulations of the above sections
5. Engage in all possible dialogue before resorting to the usage of conventional weaponry in outer space
6. Encourage the peaceful exploration and development of outer space when not at war
7. A Commission for the Prohibition of Spaceborne Weapons of Mass Destruction (CPSWMD) shall be created to ensure compliance. All member nations must allow free access to CPSWMD inspectors on an annual basis to ensure compliance.