General Assembly Resolution # 25
A resolution to improve world security by boosting police and military budgets.
The World Assembly,
REALIZING the importance of expanding and improving international co-operation among WA States, on a bilateral and multilateral basis, which will contribute to the elimination of acts of international terrorism and their underlying causes and to the prevention and elimination of this criminal scourge,
RECOGNIZING terrorism as a major threat to the lives and well-being of civilians and non-combatants;
CONDEMNING the loss of life and harm that result from terrorist acts;
NOTICING the principle of the inalienable right to self-determination and independence of all peoples under rogue regimes and other forms of alien domination, and upholding the legitimacy of their struggle, in particular the struggle of national and regional liberation movements, in accordance with the World Assembly,
RESOLVING to address the danger of international terrorism, to protect the civilian populations of member states;
A) DEFINES terrorism as the use of violence by non-state actors for the purpose of creating fear or terror, to achieve a social, political, or religious outcome, and either committed with deliberate disregard or specific targeting of civilians or non-combatants.
B) DEFINES civilians, for the purpose of this resolution, as "persons who are not members of their nation's armed forces or police."
C) DEFINES terrorist(s) as a person or persons whose acts fall under the definition of terrorism.
D) DEFINES terrorist act(s) as an act committed by a person falling under the definition of a terrorist whose cause is to achieve social, political, or religious ends through violence knowingly targeted at civilians or non-combatants.
1) REQUIRES member states to take all effective measures at their disposal, subject to the rule of law, to prevent non-state actors from using their territory to commit terrorist acts against another nation.
(a)This shall include, but not be limited to, making it a criminal offense to conspire, aid, abet, fund, plan or carry out acts of terrorism across international borders. Member states shall prosecute those who violate such laws to the fullest extent possible within their nation.
2) BANS WA member states from providing funding, weapons, or any other form of assistance to any party committing terrorist acts against another nation, or from using other WA states or non-member states as a third party to conduct terrorist acts against another nation.
3) REQUIRES member states to freeze, or otherwise take control of without undue delay, any and all assets of terrorist individuals or organizations within their jurisdiction which may be used to support international terrorist acts, including but not limited to: equipment, facilities, and funds.
4) URGES member states to coordinate counter-terrorism activities, and share information and intelligence on individuals and organizations that practice terrorism, to combat its spread on an international level.
5) STRONGLY ENCOURAGES member states to do everything possible to address the underlying causes of terrorism within their borders, including but not limited to: poverty, racism, inequality or indoctrinated hatred.
6) CONDEMNS the use of terrorism by any member state of the World Assembly and
7) REQUIRES any member nation employing terrorism to immediately cease and desist.