General Assembly Resolution # 7
A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.
Believing that employees have the right to safe working conditions while at their workplace;
Understanding that a unified standard by which to measure workplace safety may lead to a reduction of workplace accidents, reduce health care costs, and help save lives;
The World Assembly, hereby:
1) Defines, as pertaining to this resolution:
A) An employee as any individual who performs a task or tasks for compensation that is not self employed, employed in law enforcement, or in the military.
B) A workplace as any location where an employee completes a task or tasks for compensation.
2) Guarantees the right of all employees to a safe working environment.
3) Requires that all chemicals be properly labeled, and that safety information be easily accessible in all workplaces pertaining to the chemical that include but are not limited to:
A) Physical data
C) Health effects
D) First aid instructions
H) Protective equipment
I) Spill handling procedures
4) Requires that all workplaces establish minimum standards for Personal Protective Equipment(PPE) to ensure the safety of employees with full understanding of the hazards and environments employees may face.
5) Requires that all employees be provided with or provide their own PPE and that they be required to use them.
6) Requires that the workplace be reasonably free of safety hazards, that all equipment and tools can be safely operated, and that the workplace be maintained in such a state as long as employees are present.
7) Requires that all employees be trained to safely handle any hazardous materials they are required to work with or near.
8) Requires that proper training for tool, machine, and motorized vehicle operation be provided when employees are required to use them in the course of their work.
9) Requires a reasonable amount of emergency exits be provided that allow all employees to leave the workplace quickly.
10) Requires that emergency exits be kept accessible and clearly marked.
11) Requires that employees not enter or remain at a workplace when their ability to work safely is impaired to the point of endangering themselves or those around them.
12) Requires that all employees refrain from purposefully neglecting safety precautions in workplaces.
13) Requires that each nation ensure that within it there exist at least one adequately funded governmental body that inspects work sites and ensures compliance with this act throughout its territory.
14) Accepts that nothing in this resolution bars more stringent workplace safety standards.
Co-Authored by Yelda