by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Lezra Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .1,5611,5621,5631,5641,5651,5661,567. . .2,2632,264»

Snowylan wrote:No Snowylan is open to all peoples as long as they are beneficial to the state and do not want to overthrow the royal family

Hey you never respond when we talk about paragon union.

If you don't want to join then it's ok.

Snowylan wrote:No Snowylan is open to all peoples as long as they are beneficial to the state and do not want to overthrow the royal family

Awesome!

Telders wrote:Hey you never respond when we talk about paragon union.

If you don't want to join then it's ok.

No I do not.
Sorry

Telders

Snowylan wrote:No I do not.
Sorry

That's fine you requested to some time ago that's why I asked.

Would you care for RP?

Turkish Korania wrote:Awesome!

You would most likely bee in the province of New Svitzerre which is one of the warmer provinces with highs of 25 degrees Celsius to lows of -30 in severely cold winters

Telders wrote:That's fine you requested to some time ago that's why I asked.

Would you care for RP?

Yes so your Queen had a miscarriage, the Catholic church had a hissy fit over it right?

Telders and Balticonia

Telders

Snowylan wrote:Yes so your Queen had a miscarriage, the Catholic church had a hissy fit over it right?

Yes and they had it because you weren't married to her and you had intercourse with her which is a sin in Catholicism.

Telders wrote:Yes and they had it because you weren't married to her and you had sex with her which is a sin in Catholicism.

Yes, well we did get married soooooo.
Yeah I believe we are having our honeymoon in Telders or the Santland?

Telders

Telders I highly disagree with your Senate expansion act. You mean to make it so the Senate can make laws before the majority has spoken.

Telders

Telders

Balticonia wrote:Telders I highly disagree with your Senate expansion act. You mean to make it so the Senate can make laws before the majority has spoken.

No like ok you know how there is 5 senators?

We have bills pending and we have one inactive senator so if we have 2 aye and 2 nay what do we do?

It's expanding and adding 2 more senators.

We need to balance out the vote count though which I will do.

You would need 4 votes to pass a bill and there are 7 senators so it would balance out if 3 were not to respond.

Snowylan wrote:You would most likely bee in the province of New Svitzerre which is one of the warmer provinces with highs of 25 degrees Celsius to lows of -30 in severely cold winters

That'll be right fine

Turkish Korania wrote:That'll be right fine

What do you think of this?

This bill has been proposed to add two more senate seat to the Senate.

WHY: If most of the Senate voted AYE or NAY on a bill but could become postponed due to the inactivity of one senator which the extra two added could vote and make the vote requirement for amendments or laws.

BECAUSE: This is to expand the Senate and to increase the chances of a pass or reject and to eliminate postpones.

HOW: amend the constitution to 7 senators within the Senate. Make the vote requirement for a bill to 4 so for a bill to pass it needs four votes.

ALSO: if this law is voted in and becomes a official law of Lezra then the new senate seats will not be avaliable until the elections after this bill is proposed.
This will also give people more of a chance to get elected and can break electoral ties.

Better Example:
If say a bill got 4 votes but 2 were aye and 2 were nay and the other senator needed to vote in order to pass or not pass a bill was inactive or offline then this could stall bills and the voting process within the Senate.

Proposed: April,9th, 2019
Proposed By: Senator Telders

Read factbook

Telders wrote:What do you think of this?
This bill has been proposed to add two more senate seat to the Senate.

WHY: If most of the Senate voted AYE or NAY on a bill but could become postponed due to the inactivity of one senator which the extra two added could vote and make the vote requirement for amendments or laws.

BECAUSE: This is to expand the Senate and to increase the chances of a pass or reject and to eliminate postpones.

HOW: amend the constitution to 7 senators within the Senate. Make the vote requirement for a bill to 4 so for a bill to pass it needs four votes.

ALSO: if this law is voted in and becomes a official law of Lezra then the new senate seats will not be avaliable until the elections after this bill is proposed.
This will also give people more of a chance to get elected and can break electoral ties.

Better Example:
If say a bill got 4 votes but 2 were aye and 2 were nay and the other senator needed to vote in order to pass or not pass a bill was inactive or offline then this could stall bills and the voting process within the Senate.

Proposed: April,9th, 2019
Proposed By: Senator Telders

Read factbook

I'm not on the senate, so why do you ask me?

Telders

Turkish Korania wrote:I'm not on the senate, so why do you ask me?

For your opinion.

Telders wrote:For your opinion.

Well let me take a look

Telders

Telders wrote:No like ok you know how there is 5 senators?

We have bills pending and we have one inactive senator so if we have 2 aye and 2 nay what do we do?

It's expanding and adding 2 more senators.

We need to balance out the vote count though which I will do.

You would need 4 votes to pass a bill and there are 7 senators so it would balance out if 3 were not to respond.

Oh, I was confused. My bad. I thought that you were saying that there should be 7 senators, and you need 3 votes to pass

Telders

Balticonia wrote:Oh, I was confused. My bad. I thought that you were saying that there should be 7 senators, and you need 3 votes to pass

7 senators and 4 votes needed.

Okay, I think the idea makes some sense, but adding more Senate seats without the inactivity of one senate member isn't as good of an Idea, and neither is lowering the votes needed. I think that if one member is inactive for over a week AFTER a resolution has been proposed, a good idea is to add another predetermined de facto senate member? If two members are inactive, add in the second predetermined member, etc?

Telders

Turkish Korania wrote:Okay, I think the idea makes some sense, but adding more Senate seats without the inactivity of one senate member isn't as good of an Idea, and neither is lowering the votes needed. I think that if one member is inactive for over a week AFTER a resolution has been proposed, a good idea is to add another predetermined de facto senate member? If two members are inactive, add in the second predetermined member, etc?

No I'm not lowering the votes,
Ok so I'm proposing 7 senators
I'm saying 4 votes is needed to pass laws.

Right now we have
5 senators
3 votes needed to pass.

We need to expand the senate to possibly reduce inactivity among senate in order to eliminate inconclusive and postpones. This will also give people more of a chance to get elected and can break electoral ties.

Telders wrote:No I'm not lowering the votes,
Ok so I'm proposing 7 senators
I'm saying 4 votes is needed to pass laws.

Right now we have
5 senators
3 votes needed to pass.

We need to expand the senate to possibly reduce inactivity among senate in order to eliminate inconclusive and postpones. This will also give people more of a chance to get elected and can break electoral ties.

We had 3 people tied with ginger during last senate elections so this will also help break ties and some of those tied people would get elected.

Telders wrote:No I'm not lowering the votes,
Ok so I'm proposing 7 senators
I'm saying 4 votes is needed to pass laws.

Right now we have
5 senators
3 votes needed to pass.

We need to expand the senate to possibly reduce inactivity among senate in order to eliminate inconclusive and postpones. This will also give people more of a chance to get elected and can break electoral ties.

Oh, okay. I think that actually fits a lot better

Telders

Telders wrote:We had 3 people tied with ginger during last senate elections so this will also help break ties and some of those tied people would get elected.

I think I may run for senate. Would anybody vote for me?

Telders

Turkish Korania wrote:I think I may run for senate. Would anybody vote for me?

maybe

Telders wrote:maybe

I mean, I've proved myself today, or so I'd like to think

Turkish Korania wrote:I mean, I've proved myself today, or so I'd like to think

Your not active much so this is the first time I've seen you.

«12. . .1,5611,5621,5631,5641,5651,5661,567. . .2,2632,264»

Advertisement