Hello received your telegram but donít know why it automatically got deleted so I could not read it however I noticed that this is a newly created region so i decided to help this region to grow more.
Welcome! Thanks for joining!
It's an exciting time to get involved as we being to grow a democratic, member-led region, where different opinions are welcome and debate is encouraged.
I am committed that the governance, structure and constituion of the region should be member-led, so that the LDU is truly democratic. But whilst we're new, I'll need to keep an eye on things initially to ensure the region starts to grow in line with the founding statement. We should be open, without partisanship or ideological groupthink, where freedom of opinion and open debate is encouraged. But that should be underpinned by a commitment to liberal democracy within a market economy, where all people enjoy equal protection of civil rights and political freedoms. So I'll need to ensure we're not taken over by communist or facist dictatorships.
As we grow and begin to organise ourselves, I'll take a step back.
Once again, welcome. It's great to have you with us. Here's to the LDU!
I can help with constitution and government structure.
Here is the initial government structure.
1:Members of region should elect Prime Minister with non executive powers but founder will be bound to obey decisions of his cabinet.
2:As we are growing now so only PM and founder can deal with regional affairs but as we grow more prime minister can appoint following:
A:Minister of interior
B:Minister of foreign affairs.
C:Minister of law.
We can debate on this if anyone does not agree with it.
This place is small but I hope we get bigger soon!
Also can I become the WA delegate for this region?
Hello I am new
I have the feeling that I am now contributing to the "coalition" or something.
because I did not have that with my previous one
I could help if you want to do mapping or something like that, do you guys have a discord yet?
That would be great, thank you. The region should be led by the members so the more people helping out with different things, the better!
Everyone please share your opinion so we can move on.
I also want to propose elections for PM (Prime Minister).
1:A Nation will be granted citizenship rights after investigations by the Intelligence Department.
2:Only after getting Citizenship a nation can participate in regional politics.
Article:2 The Government
3. 5. 1. Preamble:
A nation must be a citizen of the region for at least one week.
In order to join government a nation must be a member of WA or should have declared its main Nation.Purpose of this article is to avoid puppets in government.
3. 5. 2. The Prime Minister - (Full Regional Powers)
1. The Prime Minister is granted full regional control. .
3. The Prime Minister can to bring a nation accused of a crime to Court.
4. The Prime Minister can only ban/eject any nation guilty in a court of law, or under the conditions laid down in Article 6 of this Constitution in the event that a State of Emergency is declared.
6. The Prime Minister does have the power to accept embassy requests or withdraw embassies.
7. The Prime Minister can vote in any elections.
8. The Prime Minister has the power to lock the region and can not give out the regional password to any nation within The region. However, he has, with the rest of the government, the power to give out the regional password to any foreign nation he finds trustworthy.
9. The Prime Minister shall be elected every 50 days. However, with reference to the Founder and his subsequent agreement, the incumbent Prime Minister may call an election anytime during the term, provided that the Prime Minister gives at least 3 days advance notice of his decision to do as such.
10. The election of the Prime Minister begins by the election season, which can be defined as the six days before the thirty-ninth day of the mandate of a government. Election takes place the thirty-ninth and foutieth days of the mandate. If a candidate gets more than fifty percent of all votes, they are elected and appointed. If this does not happen, a second turn has to be organized two days after the first one. The top two candidates selected for the second turn can campaign during this time. A two day long second turn will then be organised. Debates and campaigning can take place during the whole election season apart from the thirty-ninth and fourtieth days.
11. The vote takes place in the regional polls.
13. The Prime Minister has the power to object laws that the Parliament passes (not to veto them unless more then 50 percent of residents agree).
14. Any nation that is inactive for a period of ten (10) days or more will be notified 5 days before dismissal then he/she may be removed from their position and/or from the region at the discretion of the Prime Minister.
3. 5. 3. The Deputy Prime Minister
1. The Deputy PM will be elected by residents for 50 days.
2. The Deputy Prime Minister must have at least "communication" authority. Prime Minister can give more power to the Deputy Prime Minister.
3. Full power is given to Deputy Prime Minister in two cases: a) If the Prime Minister leaves office (for any reason); b)If Prime Minister is unavailable for a certain amount of time.
4. The Residents can oppose the choice of the Deputy Prime Minister by a vote of more than 50%.
3. 5. 4. The Ministers
1. The Residents of region will directly elect Ministers for 50 days.
2. The Parliament can unvalidate the government appointed by the Prime Minister by a 50% vote. Any member of Parliament can demand a vote. If no vote is demanded two days after the appointment of ministers, the government is validated.
3. The Prime Minister must appoint the following ministers: Minister of the Interior, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Government Spokesperson.
4. Minister of the Interior: he has "border control" and "communication" authority. His aim is to maintain order in the region and control the borders (nations joining and leaving the region). The Minister of the Interior can ban/eject any nation guilty in a court of law. The Prime Minister must accept the banishment of the nation concerned. The Minister of the Interior can communicate and speak to the citizens in the name of order and prosperity.The Minister of the Interior is responsible of the interior policy of the region and he must make order and democracy reign.
5. The Minister of Foreign Affairs: he has "embassies" and "communication" authority. His aim is to ensure the smooth functioning of diplomacy in the region. He is responsible for the diplomatic policy of the region. The Minister of Foreign Affairs does have the power to accept embassies requests, withdraw embassies, or ask another region to build an embassy. To withdraw or make a demand for an embassy, the Minister of Foreign Affairs must ask the Prime Minister. The Minister of foreign affairs will be given diplomatic missions and will have the power to communicate and speak to other regions on behalf of Liberty Nations Alliance. To fulfill these missions, the Minister of Foreign Affairs will have the power to send telegrams to other regions on behlaf of our government and write in the Regional Message Board of other regions who accepted it. The Minister of Foreign Affairs must ask the Prime Minister before undertaking an important diplomatic mission.
6. The Minister of Government Spokesperson: he has "appearance" and "communication" authority. He acts as a link between the government and the citizens. He must inform citizens of the political situation, explain decisions and bills and be a reliable interlocutor for the citizens. Citizens can make requests and propositions to him and he will them pass them on to the rest of the government. He is responsible, with the Prime Minister of the World Factbook Entry and the official documents published by the government. He will inform the citizens of decisions taken by the government and carry its voice. He can therefore speak to the citizens on behalf of the government. He will be regularly requested by the Prime Minister and other ministers to carry out communication missions. In some situations, he may speak to members of other regions on behalf of the government of our alliance.
8. Any minister can ask Prime Minister to appoint secretary of states to help them fulfill their mission, for example if the region grows a lot. The Prime Minister can either validate or not. The Prime Minister can suggest to appoint a secretary of state as well.
A:Before the general elections for Prime Minister there will be a pre elections for the following Offices:
4:Spokesperson of Government.
Duration of polls for these offices will be 1 day to speed up the elections process and duration for General elections will be 2 days.
B:If a nation is found guilty for rigging in elections i.e Voting for desired nation with puppets than that nation will be permanently banned from joining regional government.
ARTICLE 3: THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH
1. Founder - (Limited Powers)
1. The Founder is the sole protector of the region, meaning that they have the right to intervene on behalf of the resident nations, if:
- an official State of Emergency is declared by government and act as directed in Article 6 of this Constitution. I added this point, although we all know it but it is part of the powers of the founder
- a democratic elected government is acting against the wishes of the residents, without any legal reason or proof to do so, evidently using their powers to purge the region, ousting nations, altering the constitution, bending the rules, or acting obnoxiously.
- nations are causing dissent and division, with threats or disrespect to the rule of law and to the government.
- unelected nations take over the government.
Hereby granting the Founder the legal right and responsability to ban and eject the nations involved in the activities above, and restore the region to its former state. The legal fate of these nations will posteriorly be decided on a trial, if the parliament so desires it (if more than 5 Members of Parliament demand it; or 2 ministers (Prime Minister included)).
We also propose amending other points:
2. The Founder cannot take the decision to open or close borders, except in the case of a declared State of Emergency. Outside the State of Emergency, the founder must open or close borders only as directed by ministerial decrees.
3. The Founder does not have power to bring a nation accused of a crime to Court, neither act as judge in any court case.
4. The Founder does not have any executive power in the region, and their power is limited to points 1. and 2., plus appointing officers.
5. The founder has the obligation to remain politically neutral: they cannot vote, cannot express their opinion or join any political association like political parties.
2.The World Assembly Delegate:
1. The WA Delegate represents the regional members in the General Assembly and in the Security Council. They cast the votes on various proposals in both these organs on behalf of all WA members whom have endorsed them.
2. The Delegate Position is to remain non executive/no regional control at all times
3. No amendment may remove or modify point 2 of the WA Delegate position
4. The post of WA Delegate, so that it does not become a subject of covetousness and a position of political power, must be granted to the elected Head of State of our region, the Prime Minister. Indeed, no one will better represent our region on the international stage than the Head of State, whom the people of our region have chosen. The Prime Minister, after his election, must therefore be the nation with the most endorsements, in order to guarantee the democratic stability of this post.
Please Ainland and everyone else please take a detailed look at constitution which i prepared and share your valuable opinion.
Those interested in getting involved in setting up regional government, a constitution etc, can chat about it in the regional Discord (link in WFE above) and we can work on it together.
I canít join discord but i can chat here i am mostly active.
I'll post my thoughts both here and there, then.
(1) Why did you chose a parliamentary system? Not saying that's bad, just curious why you chose that system
(2) "The Prime Minister shall be elected every 40 days." honestly I think that's pretty short, a new election almost every month and a half where we could have 9 different Prime Ministers in one year. I think it's better if we extend it, especially if we're giving them NS executive power. Such strong power possibly changing hands that much is not a good idea in my view. While this is an online group and I know how fast things change, I do like it being short, but not that short. Maybe every couple months at minimum.
(3) There is a lot of "he" in the constitution. To make room for future members who might not be he's, like she's or they's, I recommend using the singular "they/them/their" over "he/him/his"
(4) About election timing, I think the time to nominate your self is long enough but the election itself seems short, only 2 days. I'd rather have that extended to 4 or more, seeing 2 as short for an online community where not everyone might be online in those 2 days. 4 is long enough to counter that while short enough to not drag on.
(5) About the election itself, maybe the region is small enough for a First Past The Post system but I think Ranked Choice Voting is better. It is good this requires at least a greater than 50% of the votes to go to a candidate, but it's less work to do RCV than multiple elections.
(6) You mention political parties. I high advise against this. We're just a group of people in an online game. While I do like getting into the game, political parties are an aspect I do not think we need. It causes unnecessary division between players and gives an idea of there being some kind of agenda we have to implement, but what would that be? Climate policy? Economics? We're an online community, not a nation, so I don't see what having parties would even do to help in the governing of a gaming community.
(7) "The vote takes place in the regional polls.". While this is fine for now, if we can find a way, I think it's better to have votes be able to be cast in secret. I'd rather avoid a situation where tension is created when someone doesn't vote for a certain candidate and said candidate gets pissy at them.
(8) "Any nation that is inactive for a period of ten (10) days or more may be removed from their position and/or from the region at the discretion of the Prime Minister, except the Officer of the Constitution." This is good, though I feel that there should be an exception for if said player tells us in advance that they will be gone for at least 10 days. We don't know much about people's personal lives and there could be times where they might not have internet access for a bit suddenly or something happens that draws their attention away for a bit. I feel these should be considered.
(9) "The Prime Minister must appoint ministers as soon as they are elected." If these people are going to be running the region, I feel it is better if there is an election for them alongside the PM rather than just a post-election vote of no confidence. Personally I'm not too comfortable with the PM having THAT much power in the region to where they can decide who is in government and who isn't.
(10) "nations are causing dissent" I think we should be more specific with this, as "dissent" could mean anything from "Let's destroy the region" to "I don't like that this PM got elected" and I'd rather not punish disagreement and specify that disagreement isn't what is meant.
(11) Just agreement on this one. Since the Founder is an unelected position with unlimited power, I do agree with the idea of restricting this ability of the Founder. Thoughts, Ainland?
Seems like you disagree with this proposal donít worry i will make a simpler and shorter and easy to understand constitution.
It's not the length or complexity I disagree with, but specific ideas within it
1:I choose Parliamentry system because i wanted the residents of this region to have ultimate power.
2:I think Prime Minister should have the authority to appoint anyone in government or dismiss anyone from government because Prime Minister is elected by the residents so he should have this power to make it more clear let me give you an example If someone is somehow elected by residents in the cabinet who is not competent enough to manage things and is mostly inactive and canít perform so what are you going to do then?.And also why do we elect Prime Minister when we do not give him enough authority to choose his cabinet.I hope you got my point.