by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Skyreach Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .148149150151152153154»

Kromkarie wrote:A New Regime for a New Dawn

With a new era on the horizon, a clear path of victory for the Revolution and march towards the end of the monarchy. The UWR has announced it to be the legitimate Government of Kromkarie instating the new name of The People's Republic of Kromkarie. With this new legitimacy claim, the People's Republic of Kromkarie as begun the operation of forming a Governmental System to secure control of the Revolution and lead an organised end to the Civil war. This new Worker state shall reign till the end of time, being beacon of hope and freedom for the common men and women of Skyreach.

"Today is the day of a new order, an order under the control of its people, an order that bends to the demands of its people instead of its people bending to it. Today we proclaim our freedom from the tyrannical shackles of Monarchies and Private industry. We let go of such beliefs of race and class, we throw away the bindings of hate and greed and enter a new age of prosperity, one that will shine across all borders raising hope in areas with none. As long as we stand as the home of the revolution, people whether they be from the west or east will look to us for guidance in their time for revolution. For we are the spark in a dark world. Let us join for celebration of this new beginning. An age of Revolution! Glory to the ones who look forward!" Vincent Hick declared to the masses of Kromkarie from his stage.

Life in Anercia

With their timely escape via battleship, Archer Johnson and his retinue of refugees and soldiers were given amnesty and refuge in Anercia. They were given homes in the western portion of Valesord, renovated townhouses on Dawing Street as complementary housing. Archer and some of the officers were also given a government stipend and his soldiers standard unemployment benefits as they were made legal citizens of Anercia. Ashton made visits to Archer’s new home, spending time with him for coffee or tea to discuss matters of state. “So, Archer, what will you do now i wonder?” Ashton said, sipping his coffee.

Jesruriz wrote: Life in Anercia

With their timely escape via battleship, Archer Johnson and his retinue of refugees and soldiers were given amnesty and refuge in Anercia. They were given homes in the western portion of Valesord, renovated townhouses on Dawing Street as complementary housing. Archer and some of the officers were also given a government stipend and his soldiers standard unemployment benefits as they were made legal citizens of Anercia. Ashton made visits to Archer’s new home, spending time with him for coffee or tea to discuss matters of state. “So, Archer, what will you do now i wonder?” Ashton said, sipping his coffee.

Archer stared at the coffee in disgust while in deep though unsure of what to do. This was beyond how he was trained. That short session of being lectured about basic deal making could only get him so far. "I'm screwed, I need more time. Maybe Arnercia has some books on politics, but if only I could read Arnercian." he thought to himself. Archer looked at Ashton and said, "I will need time to consolidate myself before reengaging in political matter. I lack any funding. However I will need to establish a political presence with me and my fellow Com... officials representing the last of the Kromkarie Republic. We would like to seek help from the Internationale in setting up a Government in Exile."

Again thinking to himself, "I need to establish a presence in a system I know nothing about, I must convene with the rest of my party before taking any further action."

Middle Predor wrote:Albin grinned. "Isn't it always?"
He followed Harlan inside, the rest of the little party trailing along with him. Shortly before he entered the door, he turned and pointed at Duke Tritten, who was looking distinctly excited. "You stay with the rest of us. No slipping off to explore."
Distinctly deflated, Tritten followed the rest of the delegates inside.

Assembled in the centre of the room was a sort-of war map. It showed the entirety of the continents of skyreach, painted in vivid colours. "I've heard little detail of the trouble that occurred in Kromkarie. I was briefly informed by a scout of something called... The Internationale?"

Kromkarie wrote:Archer stared at the coffee in disgust while in deep though unsure of what to do. This was beyond how he was trained. That short session of being lectured about basic deal making could only get him so far. "I'm screwed, I need more time. Maybe Arnercia has some books on politics, but if only I could read Arnercian." he thought to himself. Archer looked at Ashton and said, "I will need time to consolidate myself before reengaging in political matter. I lack any funding. However I will need to establish a political presence with me and my fellow Com... officials representing the last of the Kromkarie Republic. We would like to seek help from the Internationale in setting up a Government in Exile."

Again thinking to himself, "I need to establish a presence in a system I know nothing about, I must convene with the rest of my party before taking any further action."

"Standard Valish is quite easy to understand Archer, but as for your career in politics? I'm unsure of your future there, i recommend studying some legal texts like the constitution or our newly made charter for the Internationale." He said. "Perhaps you'd like to be a politician, no shortage of them here."

Norvath wrote:Assembled in the centre of the room was a sort-of war map. It showed the entirety of the continents of skyreach, painted in vivid colours. "I've heard little detail of the trouble that occurred in Kromkarie. I was briefly informed by a scout of something called... The Internationale?"

Albin shrugged. "I don't know much about them. Seems they are an alliance of western powers."

Duke Tritten spoke up. "They're an alliance of a number of nations, both East and West, with the goal of apparently ending 'the unfair rule of the elite' as they call it. Meaning, of course, that they oppose us and our way of life. Any monarchy will probably be under threat by this alliance."

He shrugged.
"As for the trouble in Kromkarie, it's no less than full-scale civil war. There is-or was- four different factions in play, and the Internationale is supporting the sides that seem most opposed to monarchism. Judging from what I've heard, it's most likely the worker's faction that will win this one, but it's slim."

Onwards the Machine Rolls
As part of its military buildup, Middle Predor begins manufacturing large numbers of artillery, particularly the heavier guns, to support their infantry.

To Victory!

The fall of the Kromkarie Republic. The People's Republic of Kromkarie has successfully dismantled a system of corruption, a system that leads to the self election of elitists to control the common man. May the end of this system and its surrender of Officials and Generals see to a new day. The fight didn't last long for only a few weeks the last of the Republic held out for till surrendering from lack of supplies. The [REDACTED] signed a surrender recognising the People's Republic of Kromkarie as their new government as well as having soldiers swear allegiance to the People's Army or be executed for crimes against the Kromkariean people.

After another months of war the People's Republic of Kromkarie have laid siege to the capital demanding the surrender of the remaining Monarchs and Government. After weeks of sieging the last forces of the old Kromkarie the capital eventually fell when an uprising occured that managed to break through the severally weakened KMIA divisions and took the Monarchs as hostage after a bloody battle with the Royal Guards demanding they gave into the People's Republic demands. The same as the Republic, Queen Esme Hawkins was forced to sign a surrender recognising the People's Republic of Kromkarie as their new government, as well as having all the royals stripped their titles and imprisoned till further can occur. The remaining KMIA were executed for crimes against the people of Kromkarie, and the remaining forces either swore allegiance to the People's Army or be executed for crimes against the Kromkariean people.

With the People's Republic in full control of the nations industry, they now march north against the Legion. An end to the civil war is near.

Factory Strikes Hit the Nation!

Lenshaven Times

Currently Anercia is undergoing a series of mass strikes and walkouts no doubt organized by the Trade Unions Association, a united council representing most of the country’s manufacturing and trade unions. Last week, after the death of factory workers in Tarvost and union organizers, their pleas for action to the government went unnoticed, sparking this wave of strikes. There are some reports that the ADP has organized them but those are unsubstantiated rumors as of now. However Rastal Gorvich has been reported to be seen in those strikes, handing out food and water to the strikers. Recent reports from the Ministry of Finance, nearly 65% of Anercian manufacturing has gone down, and the minister has refused to comment on the situation and tells the people to calmly wait for the President’s decision.

The UAP, mainly the conservative wing, condemned these protests as “Unanercian, and Vincentist.” Winster Magnus has even called for the president to declare a national emergency. Hans Ricter of the Liberal Wing instead called for reconciliation with the trade unions and has made pleas to the organizers to stop protesting. On the ground, there has been light fighting between police and strikers in most cities. However, The Internal Bureau of National Security Divisions were deployed only last night as intense street to street fighting engulfed the streets of Tarvost and Irongate. The nation’s most productive manufacturing cities with the strongest union presence. The Minister of the Interior claimed that, “The situation is under control, a few rioters and arsonists can’t best the nation’s finest.”

State Changes
+Mass Strikes

Attack of The Phantom

The waters of the sea, alongside the fog, were cut as a combination of steam-driven and metal ships plowed through the thick soup. The ships flew the flag of the well-known Grey Empire, which had previously ruled over much of Skyreach. On the bridge of the lead vessel, a stoic man dressed in the common robes of a Grey Empire captain stood, gleaming into the fog with a suspicious look. His thoughts were interrupted as the firstmate stepped into the bridge.

"Sire, the crow's nest can't see anything. Our spyglasses see only more fog, and or cartographer can't pinpoint our exact location, though we presume we've somehow ended up in or near the eastern corner of Skyreach."

The captain nodded grimly as he turned his attention back to the grey mist that consumed the enviroment. The firstmate spoke again.

"Most of the crew, meaning i as well, suggest we be wary. With us floating around in this fog, the convoy'd be an all too easy target for pirates."

The captain glanced over at the firstmate with a disregarding look. "Pirates, is that so? Have no fear, mister Gunn, the convoy's sailors may be afraid, but we have been tasked with protecting them, and we are heavily armed. I severly doubt that there would be any pirates stupid enough to attempt to sieze us. Nonetheless, the only pirate haven that we could possibly near would be the rats and villans of the Broken Coast. Damned may they forever be."

As the captain finished, he and the firstmate moved onto the deck of the ship, feeling the spray of seawater and wind in their faces. "That may be true sir, but it's a sign of bad luck, sitting in this fog."

Just as the captain was about to retort, a distant boom could be heard. "Huh, what's that sound?"

As if on que, a huge splash of water came from the bow of the ship, covering both the firstmate and the captain in the salty water. The captain now realized what danger they were in and began shouting while running back to the bridge. "Cannon fire! Return fire!"

Several other booms occured, this time much louder. The crew of the guarding warship roused themselves as several shells flew right over them. Alarm bells were rang as the entire convoy seemed to spring to life. Shouting could be heard as the merchant warship returned fire in the general direction of the shells. BOOM. Another shell came flying towards the warship, and the captain grabbed hold of the wheel. "BRACE!"

Seconds later, the shell impacted the bow of the ship, causing a tremendous explosion that rocked the ship heavily. Grunting, the captain looked to the starboard side of the ship, and saw his entire life flash infront of him. Moments later, the bridge blew up as the warship started sinking, forcing the convoy to split in all directions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"COME ON, YOU AFTSAILED MONKEYS! SEND 'EM TO THE DEPTHS!" Cheers echoed from the pirate crew as Pirate Lord Hilther Barbarossa barked orders at them.

BOOM. The bow cannon of the Broken Coast ship fired again, hitting a merchant steam-vessel and causing it to explode. The ship turned to starboard, letting their side run alongside the convoy that now desperatly tried to turn tail and flee. Barbarossa roared again. "Target the water-line! Incapacitate and board, we only need one today, lads. Fire!"

As the words left his lips, the turrets of the battleship unleashed a deadly broadside, impacting many of the Grey Empire ships and causing a chain reaction of explosions due to the boats being too close to eachother. Smoke rose up into the skies as fires erupted, sailors abandoned their posts and lept into the freezing waters. Taking out his spyglass, Barbarossa used it to examine the sinking ships, and saw one straggler, dipping dangerously low in the water, attempting to pull out.

"There's a survivor there, you blidgerats. Pull alongside and prepare to board!" His orders were met with a row of "aye aye". As the ships were board-to-board, Barbarossa stepped out of the bridge and walked down onto the deck alongside the boarding crew.

"Khoeler and Twig, to the cargo-hold and their armory. The rest of you despicable mongrels, kill 'em all!"

As orders were given, hooks were thrown to the other ships, attaching themselves to railings and other object capable of supporting them. Roars and taunts were shouted by the buccaneer crew, while the merchants came onto their deck with spears and guns, attempting to put up a brave face. The signature bonk metal hitting eachother sounded, and the pirates lept upon the merchant deck. Clings of swords hitting eachother filled the air as shouts and screams echoed into the vast ocean.

The Pirate Lord watched with satisfaction as the merchant were slowly cut down and as his crew spread everywhere on the ship. Once the last defender had fallen or surrendered, Barbarossa stepped aboard, walking ontop of the dead bodies and showing no respect. He eventually came upon the cargo-hold. Inside stood crates, barrels and chests. The crewmate Twig had already opened up a few barrels, revealing exotic goods such as sugar, spice and other items. Though the thing that seemed to interest Barbarossa most was a stone chest, tied down with chains. Infront of it lay the captain of the merchant vessel, he seemingly died attempting to protect the chest. Stepping over the body, the Pirate Lord undid the chains as more of his crewmembers arrived in the hold and began moving the cargo over to their ships.

At last, the last chain went undid itself, and Barabarossa shoved the stone lid off. Inside the chest was hundreds of what looked like gold medallions stacked up to the top. The Pirate Lord took up one and examined it. In the middle, a skull was engraved, while the surroundings were inscripted with tiny letters that the buccaneer couldn't quite read. Clutching it in his hand, he pushed the lid back on and motioned for some crew.

"Take this chest to me quarters. I wish to inspect them more thorougly." His request was met with nods as the crew carried out the heavy stone chest and the rest of the cargo. Once the rest of the crew had returned to their own ship, Barbarossa took forth his pistol and layed his pistol's ignition hammer next to a trail of gunpowder and pulled the trigger, causing the powder to ignite and burn the trail.

The pirates quickly pulled away, and as they disappeared back into the fog of whence the came, the merchant vessel blew up, sending a giant plume of smoke into the air as the wreck started sinking amongst the rest of the convoy.

Middle Predor wrote:Albin shrugged. "I don't know much about them. Seems they are an alliance of western powers."

Duke Tritten spoke up. "They're an alliance of a number of nations, both East and West, with the goal of apparently ending 'the unfair rule of the elite' as they call it. Meaning, of course, that they oppose us and our way of life. Any monarchy will probably be under threat by this alliance."

He shrugged.
"As for the trouble in Kromkarie, it's no less than full-scale civil war. There is-or was- four different factions in play, and the Internationale is supporting the sides that seem most opposed to monarchism. Judging from what I've heard, it's most likely the worker's faction that will win this one, but it's slim."

Harlan listened in silence while they spoke. He wasn't a man of many words, unlike his cousin Fenris, but he was definitely not lacking for brains.
The concept of a civil war in the south did not worry him too much, Norvath was isolated in the north after all. But the northern kingdom did have some dealings in the south now, and he was hesitant to abandon his interests there.

"I have no issue with the workers wanting to overthrow their unfit overlords. But my country is not ruled by tyranny." Harlan responded curtly.

"The people of Norvath are loyal to our house," Fenris added, "They wont take kindly to the slander of the family that they fought under against the Grey Empire."

Meanwhile Magnus seemed to be in a world of his own, leaning against a wall and daydreaming.

IBNS Report: Battle of Tarvost

6:30 AM: 7,000 Agents are deployed at heavily contested areas: 2,000 in Rothing Street, 4,000 in Steelville Lane, 1,000 in Pennyton Boulevard. Local city police reports estimate tens of thousands of rioters controlling several streets and factories. Several militias were mobilized beforehand, overwhelming police presence, armed with rifles and revolvers. The mayor has declared a state of emergency for the city and issued a curfew prohibiting people from leaving their homes at 7:30 PM. Headquarters not identified, local informants will soon reveal the location.

7:00 AM: IBNS Agents engage the militias, the unarmed protesters quickly flee, street to street fighting engulfs the city. Militia groups ambush agents via alleyways, rooftops, and through the windows of apartments. Most of the heavy resistance is in Steelville, a majority industrial zone with tenements packed close by, near complete control by the rioters. Pennyton was relieved as it was a richer area and the local police were besieged there. Rothing street not as contested as Steelville but militias still hold firm.

12:00 PM: Informants reported back that the headquarters was the biggest steel foundry in the city, Republican Steel, and their leaders are an elected council of union bosses. Stiff resistance pushed agents out of Steelville, massive casualties on both sides, 1,867 IBNS soldiers reported dead or wounded, 4,784 civilians dead or injured. Rothing street is still in rioter hands but agents have made significant advances through there.

3:00 PM: Rothing Street has fallen to our control again, our agents have captured a few hundred militias that surrendered, however informants tell us of a counter-attack later in the day, agents were told to entrench themselves as more reinforcements will come. The militias in Steelville sent a representative, they called themselves the “Workers Council of Tarvost” and gave their demands in exchange for their surrender. One of the many demands was to give more political power towards unions all across Anercia, a guaranteed minimum wage, and better working conditions. The representative was sent back. Then a local army division was spotted outside the city, curious, further developments inbound.

8:00 PM: The 23rd Infantry Division composed of 15,000 soldiers has finally entered the city, Major Jackson Davey has declared martial law, preventing anyone from entering or leaving the city. He has forced IBNS Commanders to give over their operation to him and temporarily detained them. They took over our positions and set up a defensive perimeter, seemingly to prepare for an attack on their headquarters.

12:00 AM: Complete pandemonium, the army has brought in artillery which they used to to shell the militia’s positions. Shells were let loose on that part of the city, devastating blocks of apartments. In their martial law they have detained many civilians and have even killed those caught trying to escape. It's a chaotic scene of carnage, some of our agents describe the soldiers as demons lurking within the dark, moving through the rubble and fires. Killing anyone they see, mowing them down with their machine guns. They quickly advance through Steelville Lane, engaging the last vestige of resistance at the Republican Steel Foundry.

2:00 AM: After only two hours of intense fighting, the soldiers have killed all of the Union Council members, destroying their leadership. Many pockets of isolated resistance have surrendered by then, thousands of militiamen walk single file outside of the city to await a mass military trial as prisoners of war. The mayor and the police chief have issued a complaint to the Major, about how they should have a trial and be treated fairly, they were ignored. As for us, we rounded up our dead and wounded, and arrested any stragglers and collected evidence. We did find crates of unused rifles still leftover, however we did not find anything tracing them to any group, only speculation. Rebuilding should start next week as martial law will be lifted as soon as another army division relieves the city.

Note: We did find Major Jackson’s behavior suspicious and have violated the rules of engagement under the military codes and even civilian law. His men are very loyal to him and he may be taking direct orders from the General Staff, this is quite concerning, we will investigate this further.

Total Casualties:

2,879 IBNS soldiers dead or wounded
25,000+ civilians dead or wounded
586 Soldiers dead or wounded

Compromise Struck! Unions Agree to Stop the Strikes

Valesord Post

After brief fighting and rioting, President Ashton has convened with Union Leaders to negotiate The end of the strikes and walkouts. The minister of the interior has told us that, “Mr Ashton and the union representatives have agreed to concessions to end the bloodshed. In return for economic stability, the administration will give them their demands. The bill will be published later this day.” He declined further comment. The bill did come out for all to read, it promised that:

-A guaranteed minimum wage of .50 rose cents
-Working hours to a maximum of 40 hours a week, with guaranteed paid overtime.
-More strict safety guidelines to ensure better conditions
-Guaranteed at least two days of relaxation with no work during the week.

These new entitlements and guarantees will greatly benefit workers in the country, all thanks to President Ashton.

State Changes
+Good Workers Rights
-Mass Strikes

Laiakia
Blaiche
Frosturne
Jesruriz

A Vote of No Confidence

DeWitt listened with baited breath as the Senate count for the Internationale Treaty came in. Though, the apprehension was killing his back. He was old, he realized, and the pressure could give a troubled, aging man a ticket straight to the Heavens... or the Hells. The Nine Circles seemed a better place than Capitoline Hill.

“The counts are coming in now, Mr. President,” his aide, a Howland Pryce, announced. That assured he was out of his stupor, and he wouldn’t mass a damn thing.

The resolution... was a big gamble. The Confederacy was yet prepared, hardly in touch with the outside world apart from a few economic treaties to the south, an expanding international railway, and the second, more successful, embassy on foreign land. The first one... went down into flames. Literally, and figuratively.

So, he was not surprised when the numbers rolled in from the clear-cut transmission of the presiding officer. It was Kilroy, and with a solemn voice, though near-bordering a tone of defeat, announced the vote results. The bill was as good as dead.

“With a count of 31 for, and 38 against, the Resolution for the Confederate States to join the Internationale is defeated,” the Vice President declared.

With an exhausted sigh, DeWitt slumped into his chair, a slight disappointment painted at his face.

Even with a reservations... it won’t happen. Not with the NPP, FCP, and R-D on my goddamn back about that fiasco at Kromkarie.

“Sir?” Pryce asked.

“Get me Collins. I need a line with Valesord. They’ll want to hear this, if they haven’t tapped the radio yet.”

Southron Columbia wrote:

A Vote of No Confidence

DeWitt listened with baited breath as the Senate count for the Internationale Treaty came in. Though, the apprehension was killing his back. He was old, he realized, and the pressure could give a troubled, aging man a ticket straight to the Heavens... or the Hells. The Nine Circles seemed a better place than Capitoline Hill.

“The counts are coming in now, Mr. President,” his aide, a Howland Pryce, announced. That assured he was out of his stupor, and he wouldn’t mass a damn thing.

The resolution... was a big gamble. The Confederacy was yet prepared, hardly in touch with the outside world apart from a few economic treaties to the south, an expanding international railway, and the second, more successful, embassy on foreign land. The first one... went down into flames. Literally, and figuratively.

So, he was not surprised when the numbers rolled in from the clear-cut transmission of the presiding officer. It was Kilroy, and with a solemn voice, though near-bordering a tone of defeat, announced the vote results. The bill was as good as dead.

“With a count of 31 for, and 38 against, the Resolution for the Confederate States to join the Internationale is defeated,” the Vice President declared.

With an exhausted sigh, DeWitt slumped into his chair, a slight disappointment painted at his face.

Even with a reservations... it won’t happen. Not with the NPP, FCP, and R-D on my goddamn back about that fiasco at Kromkarie.

“Sir?” Pryce asked.

“Get me Collins. I need a line with Valesord. They’ll want to hear this, if they haven’t tapped the radio yet.”

It was the end of the day for Ashton, sitting in his chair, smoking a cigar while looking at the sunset from his office. Then a bang on the door knocked him out of his daydream, his secretary, Sofia Morgez, a beautiful bomb-shell adept at typing and making coffee, said, “Sir, The President of the Southron Columbia is calling.” She said. “Come in and patch him through.” She opened the door. Sofia was a scarlettan woman, her sun-tanned skin matches her scarlet red hair, she held a cradle phone for him. “Thank you Sofia, you may leave.” He dismissed her and picked up the phone.

“Hey! Dewitt was it? To what do I have the honor of hearing your voice for?” He said.

Jesruriz wrote:It was the end of the day for Ashton, sitting in his chair, smoking a cigar while looking at the sunset from his office. Then a bang on the door knocked him out of his daydream, his secretary, Sofia Morgez, a beautiful bomb-shell adept at typing and making coffee, said, “Sir, The President of the Southron Columbia is calling.” She said. “Come in and patch him through.” She opened the door. Sofia was a scarlettan woman, her sun-tanned skin matches her scarlet red hair, she held a cradle phone for him. “Thank you Sofia, you may leave.” He dismissed her and picked up the phone.

“Hey! Dewitt was it? To what do I have the honor of hearing your voice for?” He said.

“Mr. Mercer, Sir. How do you do?” the Columbian greeted. “Though, I hate to be a bearer of bad news, our Senate has reached a precipice. 31 to 38, against. I’m afraid the situation at Kromkarie had my hands tied. Congress won’t budge on the resolution. The Confederacy will not be entering the Internationale, whether the Columbian people like it or not.” Though, polls say they’d rather not join some new-fangled alliance for democracy. Such a missed opportunity, and a blow against his platform.

It hadn’t come as a surprise to him then. More along the lines of expectant despondency. “We’ll have to talk with our Blaiche friends. Something else I can work around Senate. Reservations, probably a non-voting observer status.”

Southron Columbia wrote:“Mr. Mercer, Sir. How do you do?” the Columbian greeted. “Though, I hate to be a bearer of bad news, our Senate has reached a precipice. 31 to 38, against. I’m afraid the situation at Kromkarie had my hands tied. Congress won’t budge on the resolution. The Confederacy will not be entering the Internationale, whether the Columbian people like it or not.” Though, polls say they’d rather not join some new-fangled alliance for democracy. Such a missed opportunity, and a blow against his platform.

It hadn’t come as a surprise to him then. More along the lines of expectant despondency. “We’ll have to talk with our Blaiche friends. Something else I can work around Senate. Reservations, probably a non-voting observer status.”

Ashton sighed deeply at this news, “Well that is disappointing but i’m afraid we two old coots can’t mess with the inner machinations of democracy. Unless,” He said and stopped abruptly. “No nevermind, but surely yes Columbia could work in the Internationale at significantly reduced capacity. Something like an association status instead.” He tried to think of what they could do.

Jesruriz wrote: Ashton sighed deeply at this news, “Well that is disappointing but i’m afraid we two old coots can’t mess with the inner machinations of democracy. Unless,” He said and stopped abruptly. “No nevermind, but surely yes Columbia could work in the Internationale at significantly reduced capacity. Something like an association status instead.” He tried to think of what they could do.

“Indeed, I think that’s for the best,” the Columbian agreed. “No doubt, the Vincentists and Monarchists will sleep easier knowing the Internationale is a number short of an alliance. A disappointment, I must say, and a waste.” He shook his head. “A damn waste.”

“Mr. President,” his personal aide and body man Pryce alerted, “the Secretary of State will be seeing you now.”

Nodding, he turned back to the phone. “And that would be my queue, Mr. Mercer. You have a good night now.”

Norvath wrote:Harlan listened in silence while they spoke. He wasn't a man of many words, unlike his cousin Fenris, but he was definitely not lacking for brains.
The concept of a civil war in the south did not worry him too much, Norvath was isolated in the north after all. But the northern kingdom did have some dealings in the south now, and he was hesitant to abandon his interests there.

"I have no issue with the workers wanting to overthrow their unfit overlords. But my country is not ruled by tyranny." Harlan responded curtly.

"The people of Norvath are loyal to our house," Fenris added, "They wont take kindly to the slander of the family that they fought under against the Grey Empire."

Meanwhile Magnus seemed to be in a world of his own, leaning against a wall and daydreaming.

Albin nodded. "Nor will ours. And yet the Internationale seems to be determined to remove us, either by revolution or outright invasion."

Tritten shrugged. "And as it stands, Kromkarie has shown they're very competent at staging revolutions. We're doing the best we can to thwart their attempts at bringing Kromkarie into their alliance, but it's not looking likely to work."

Meanwhile Prince Elwin, who was in a similar position to Magnus, was looking disinterested as he stood to Albin's right. But here he coughed to interrupt.
"Perhaps this could be better discussed in the better-equipped safety of the Royal Palace at Esterden?"

Tactical Insertion
What with the chaos in Kromkarie as the battered nation attempts to recover from its civil war, the Intelligence Minister in Middle Predor seeks approval from the king to insert Predorian agents and spies into the country. Approval is granted, and over the next few weeks, agents are slowly transferred into the country through the supplies Middle Predor has begun shipping into Kromkarie to assist the nation.

Well-trained and speaking Kromkariean, these agents pose as refugees from other sectors of Kromkarie and attempt to insert themselves into low-ranking positions within the major cities.

Anercian Expatriates League
Southron Columbia

Ever since the joining of the two nations economically, Anercians for the first time are able to immigrate to Southron Columbia, though only skilled citizens can apply for citizenship. However limited it may be, the Ashton Administration has been subsiding and rewarding citizens who are able to get Columbian citizenship and stay long-term in an effort to closely tie the two nations demographically as well. Trainloads of people travel to and fro into Columbia through the city of Ronte and Firenze’s new rail lines. Currently Columbian and Anercian estimates that 25,000-50,000 expats live throughout Columbia. Living in Southron Columbia, they created the Anercian Expatriates League, an organization to lobby politicians and lawmakers in Columbia to support Anercian interests. Funding comes mainly through the Anercian Government, coming in direct payments from the Republic’s Treasury, with some coming from donations from the actual expats.

IBNS Agents to Columbia
[covert]

He takes in a deep breath, the fresh morning dew of the columbian countryside reminds him of the Bloomspring in Magnolia, though the colors can’t be compared, the mild grassiness and weeds of this country is quite pleasant. It was slightly cool in the morning, the breeze making him tighten his coat, wiping the sand from his eyes from the long ride here. Behind him the car door was shut, his ride leaving him to go drop off more people like him. In front, a small grassy hill that's uncut and what stood atop it was an old antebellum-style house overshadowing the rising morning sun behind it. He could still hear the crickets chirping as he walked up the slightly steep dirt path to the front porch. At the veranda was a wizened man napping soundly in his rocking chair, he knocked on the screen door protecting the inside from pests and mosquitos. Above the door was a sign, Ms Lily’s Bed and Breakfast, his rendezvous point with the others.

The door opens and out comes an older woman, her whole body rotund and folds lap on top of each other, and her hair frizzled and badly bobbed. “Well lookie here, a new face! Ya friends are in the dining room suga, tabs all paid for in full and even extra.” She said in a heavy southern drawl and went into the kitchen to fry up some breakfast.

Inside the house it was quite nice, the floors were cleaned and the furniture dusted, the living room overlooked a fireplace where people could relax on the couches. Paintings hung on the walls of battlefields with burning battleships on the ground and a victorious columbian general standing strongly in the center. The home was spacious with many rooms adorning the interior, many of them empty but all bought out. He inspected the pictures of the lady and the man sitting next to each other in their youth, he was shocked at how beautiful she used to be. The whole house had the feeling of being lived in, memories and experiences of these two in open view for those who can pay for their services. But from the dining room the aroma of fried eggs, bacon, and sausages drew him in.

There three men met him, all sitting down enjoying their breakfast. “Ah, James you’re here.” A more older man said cheeringly. “A shame, A few moments later I could've had your bacon and eggs.” A fatter man disappointingly remarked. “Finally, about time you came.” A scarred man said in an annoyed tone.“Yes I'm here, but to business now gentlemen.” James sat down and brought out a map of the nation. “I hoped you enjoyed the bed and breakfast men, but let's get down to brass tacks here.” He said sipping a cup of coffee.

“This is a somewhat dangerous mission, spying on our own neighbors and all that, but the president wants this done. Did your men report back?” He asked. “Why yes, we’re fifteen agents strong in Firenze, not too hard with the proximity to our borders so close.” The old man explained while twirling his mustache. “Ten in Releigh and twelve in Gilead, reported that they had no trouble.” The fat one spoke. “Fifty in Pascataway, most of them got in, some had to flee the city for fear of recognition. The operation was mostly a success.” The one with the scar detailed. “Good good, i think you all know where to go, thanks for the report, we’ll reconvene next month gentlemen.” He got up and saluted them, leaving with his breakfast untouched.

National Defense Act 1890

A later attachment to the first National Security Revitalization Act of 1890, the National Defense Act has been passed by Congress and signed into law to initiate a second phase of reorganization of the Confederate States military. While the earlier bill provided an amendment to existing foundations, the NDA would implement sweeping changes in the structures of the Army and the Navy, and greatly expanding upon these branches. Active and reserve components would created to distinguish military organization, with an Army Reserve, Navy Reserve, and Naval Air Reserve. State militias are to be converted into a unified National Guard of the Confederate States, integrated between the Army National Guard and the Air National Guard, of the Army and Navy branches respectively. Unified Combatant Commands were also to be implemented, assigned with Army, Navy, and Naval Air Service Component Commands to denote geographical divisions for deployment of the Confederate States Armed Forces.

Secure Intelligence Act of 1890

As another, later addition to the NSRA of 1890, the Secure Intelligence Act was also passed by Congress as a third phase for a “national revitalization of the Confederacy’s military, intelligence, and counter-intelligence capabilities.” Forthwith, the SIA establishes several intelligences to serve as components of the Confederate States Intelligence Community:

Federal Intelligence Agency (FIA); under the Department of Internal Affairs
Intelligence Service Agency (ISA); independent, international
Intelligence and Counterintelligence Commission (ICC); under the Department of Homeland Security
Intelligence Corps of the NIB (IC); under the National Investigation Bureau
State Intelligence & Research Service (SIRS); under the State Department
Office of Defense Intelligence (ODIN); under the Department of War.
Military Intelligence Corps (MIC); under the CS Army, reports to Army Department and ODIN.
Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI); along with the Naval Air Services Intelligence Corps, under the CS Navy and reports to Navy Department and ODIN.
Office of Seaboard Intelligence (OSI); under the CS Coast Guard

New Anercian Cradles
Blaiche
Frosturne
Laiakia
Middle Predor
Southron Columbia

With access to an international bank with which Anercia has representatives in, Ashton signed a new bill into approval that would take a loan of 100 Million roses from the IMB to build new Airship Cradles all across the country. The Ministry of Finance and Anercian Federal Treasury will coordinate a plan to pay off the debt with a low interest rate deal over a span of five years, the plan is proposed to the IMB and awaits approval.

Alongside this, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs along with the Ministry of Finance have been approved by the President to renege the deal with Middle Predor. All cradles owned by the Predorian Government will be seized, with their assets to be dissembled and sent back to Middle Predor, and all Predorian warships will be asked to leave, the Aeronavy is on standby ready to evict them along with ground to air artillery nearby. All Predorian Military personal on shore leave were quickly detained by IBNS forces and sent aboard their respective warships. However they're still allowed to trade and any further trade deals are still able to be negotiated.

To make up the loss of airship cradles the Columbian Government was asked if Anercian goods could be temporarily sent through their own hangers.

State Changes:
+IMB Debt: Low
-Investments from Middle Predor

Jesruriz wrote:New Anercian Cradles
Blaiche
Frosturne
Laiakia
Middle Predor
Southron Columbia

With access to an international bank with which Anercia has representatives in, Ashton signed a new bill into approval that would take a loan of 100 Million roses from the IMB to build new Airship Cradles all across the country. The Ministry of Finance and Anercian Federal Treasury will coordinate a plan to pay off the debt with a low interest rate deal over a span of five years, the plan is proposed to the IMB and awaits approval.

Alongside this, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs along with the Ministry of Finance have been approved by the President to renege the deal with Middle Predor. All cradles owned by the Predorian Government will be seized, with their assets to be dissembled and sent back to Middle Predor, and all Predorian warships will be asked to leave, the Aeronavy is on standby ready to evict them along with ground to air artillery nearby. All Predorian Military personal on shore leave were quickly detained by IBNS forces and sent aboard their respective warships. However they're still allowed to trade and any further trade deals are still able to be negotiated.

To make up the loss of airship cradles the Columbian Government was asked if Anercian goods could be temporarily sent through their own hangers.

State Changes:
+IMB Debt: Low
-Investments from Middle Predor

Blaiche
Laiakia
Frosturne
Jesruriz

With the subsequent failures of the Internationale Resolution, pertaining to another two sessions of voting, other options were being considered by the DeWitt Administration to at least permit the Confederacy in a capacity as a non-voting, observer nation. The CS Senate, after days of debate, had successfully invoked cloture after the first round of counts regarding the Resolution. The next voting session set about a further defeat of the Resolution even with reservations on the terms of the treaty, and the final blow finally incurring with a third vote, by which the two-thirds majority was not reached. After discussions with his Anercian counterpart, President DeWitt opened channels with the other Internationale members on the discussion of allowing the Confederacy as a non-voting and non-member observer, and in a limited capacity, will congregate with Internationale conferences while adhering a non-interference stance.

The communique with the Anercian government concerning the temporary use of Columbian airship cradles for transportation of goods was accepted, as provided by the CAFTA agreement.

Motion to Repeal

It nearly night for Antov, the past few weeks of passionate speeches and campaigning wore him out to exhaustion, all for his homeland to be free once again. Today was the vote to repeal the Compromise and the Emergency Reconstruction Act, to break the shackles that bind the democratic organs of this country. For these weeks he had met with sympathetic members of the Assembly, mainly the liberal wing of the UAP and Moderates. Hans Ricter has given his support but is unable to fully guarantee that all of the liberal seats will vote for the motion. Lila agreed that both compromise and the ERA must go, but only able to give half of the moderate seats to agree with the bill.

His relaxation was broken as his assistant went into the room with an excited deminor, “Sir! We did it! 186 voted to repeal!” Antov got up from his seat to hug him. “Ha ha! Yes! I can’t wait to look at Mercer’s face when he hears this.” He pulled out two cigars from his inner breast pocket and lit it for both of them. “Go get a drink for yourself Jay, ill admire this victory for our country.” His aide left for a Brandy downstairs.

Truly, Antov did take a while looking at his office, appreciating the varnish of his cherry oak desk. All around him little trinkets and baubles from his war days, his revolver pistol suspended in a glass case that he used to kill the Royal Butcher, a few packs of Honey Tar cigarettes as a collectors item as they’re not produced anymore. And a hat with a red cross symbol on it, his encounter with a wonderful woman who wanted to just save everyone. It all columinated to this, his fight and blood not in vain as he breathes to take in this blow against an enemy he calls a tyrant. Looking outside, it was his home city of Metaxas, where he spent his youth and college years, and where he first took arms against repression. It wasn’t as industrious as the other cities, nor as rich, but the lights at night was a spectacle he wouldn’t give for the world. The blend of terracotta roofs and white painted bricks gave it a haunting beauty in the dark. Below him a newly paved street, something he’d have to thank Ashton for, for cars to drive on. And the sidewalk where all walks of life congregate during the alcohol-fueled binges and partying. Truly he was glad that he lived, enjoying the fruits of his labor, then a loud knock from downstairs interrupted him again.

Going down, he opened the door. It was Isof Kruger, the Minister of the Interior all clad in a black uniform. “Isof, what are you doing this late at night?” He asked nervously. “I think you know why I'm here Antov.” Two other men dressed in black khaki appeared, their rifles trained on him. “Sorry it had to be this way, but you couldn't leave well enough alone.” They blindfolded him and handcuffed his hands behind his back along with his assistant. They guided Antov into their car and drove to an unknown destination. He didn’t resist and kept silent, knowing his fate and accepting it. After a while they shuffled him into a building, he couldn’t see but only heard some screams of pain and bullet shots. He was placed with his back against a wall and his blindfold was taken off. Antov was before Isof and five of those soldiers pointed their rifles at him. Isof pulled out a piece of paper, “Antov Sutherland! You have been found to have harbored treasonous acts against the Anercian Republic, you have brought dishonor to the name of the Republican Army, and a disgrace to the country. How do you plead?” He asked. “I plead not guilty, I’ve done everything within my power to save this nation against tyrants, and it seems i haven’t done enough.” He replied. “The court has found you to be guilty and sentenced you to be summarily executed by firing squad.” Isof gave his verdict. The soldiers all cocked their rifles, he stood steadfast while his assistant cried silently next to him. Before he knew it, Antov was shot five times all over his body and fifteen more for good measure. His body was burnt to ash in an industrial incinerator, all traces of him gone to the wind. Finally Ashton’s rival was gone for good.

State Changes

-Constitutional Dictatorship
+Strong Assembly

A Pirate's Song

Once more, heavy rain fell from the skies above Croscaunt. Peasants and buccaneers alike ran between buildings, attempting to stay dry. Inside a tavern called The Captain's Daughter, a congregation of pirates had begun gathering to stay out of the rain. Boredome was widespread as talk filled the air of the tavern. Drinks were served as the rain continued to fall down, creating the continued ounds sizzle, sizzle, splash, drip, sizzle.

Eventually some of the buccaneers grew tired of the simple talking. A particular man, probably in his early 30s, mustered his voice as he stepped onto a table before speaking loudy, causing the patrons to eye him with anticipation.

"Lads," he spoke. "What say ye 'bout a song, ey?"

His request was met with several "ayes" and a few cheers. The man took a small swig of rum before nodding to some people in the back who pulled out some instruments.

The melody begun as the tavern's patrons stamped their feet or hit their tables, as this was a fairly well-known song.

"Heave -'n ho!"

The guitar started up.

"I sing a song 'bout the life aboard, 'n sail on waves 'o blue."

"There be treasures both south and north, and rich-men I'd love to skin!"

The lyrics paused as the guitar continued for a few seconds.

"We grab our swords, load 'e guns. Now e'verone'll see how dange-rous I am!"

Once more the singer took a breath as the chorus kicked in with some laughs.

"Grab a hold, we're here a-gain! The Coast's shadow and it's Men (Yo-ho)"

"The rumor spreads, fast like plague, now comes The Coast!"

"There's a land, that's only ours, where we wait 'til the coast is clear."

"When the wind's howling, 'n the waves be high, we hoist our sails and go!"

"We chase fortune, blind and obsessed, there's laughter and shouts when we find us some swag! (Heave, ho!)"

"Heave 'n ho, we're here again, The Broken Coast and it's men!"

"The rumors spread, fast like a plague, the Coast comes now!"

Cheers and claps echoed as the lyrics went off beat.

"Each sailor has learnt to fear our name, on 'ry ocean we're known!"

"When they think we're coming, their ships go ashore, and a message of danger is sent!"

The lyrics returned to the beat.

"A pirate's dream is heaven and sea, and a ship with treasure aboard."

"We go with 'e wind when course is set, towards shores we sacked a-year-a-ago!"

"They may aswell think we've gone, but we'll sneak towards 'em when darkness-covers-the skies!"

"Heave 'n ho, we're here again! The Broken Coast and it's men!"

"The rumors spread, fast like the plague, now comes the Coast!"

"Heave 'n ho, we're here again! The Broken Coast and it's men!"

"The rumors spread, fast like the plague, now comes the Coast!"

"Heave 'n ho, we're here again! The Broken Coast and it's men!"

"The rumors spread, fast like the plague, now comes the Coast!"

The song ended as the tavern's patrons erupted into a cheer and calls for an encore. The singer and his lads smiled with glee as they started another song, with the thunder of rain in the background.

«12. . .148149150151152153154»

Advertisement