by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

The North Pacific Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .40,75240,75340,75440,75540,75640,75740,758. . .65,00765,008»

United kingdoms of islands wrote:That's interesting...

Now environmentally friendly

United kingdoms of islands, Govornia, Castilleland, Ham Federation, and 1 otherStar-fleet commander

United kingdoms of islands

Ricemilk wrote:Now environmentally friendly

Wonderful!

Castilleland and Star-fleet commander

United kingdoms of islands wrote:Wonderful!

Jennifer Government is a bestseller, corporations claim the third ounce of any metal traded in a wicker-cone on the Sunday of a full moon as a charitable expense, urban entrepreneurs are busy introducing cockroaches into restaurant kitchens, and a government program is underway to revitalize Ricemilk's beaches.

Hope you like cockroaches before visiting our motherland

Ka Ching, Govornia, and Star-fleet commander

Ricemilk wrote:Jennifer Government is a bestseller, corporations claim the third ounce of any metal traded in a wicker-cone on the Sunday of a full moon as a charitable expense, urban entrepreneurs are busy introducing cockroaches into restaurant kitchens, and a government program is underway to revitalize Ricemilk's beaches.

Hope you like cockroaches before visiting our motherland

ew.. I don't like cockroaches

"Okay..."
~Supreme Leader Princess Adeline, terrified of cockroaches

Eraver and The empire of bangladesh

Greetings everyone!

There is a new vote in the Security Council:

Resolution at Vote: Repeal: "Commend Solorni"
Vote Recommendation: Against
Forum voting thread: https://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9189671/

You can read the Information for WA Voters dispatch (please upvote!) for more information about the resolution.

If you are a WA member, make sure to vote so that you have your voice heard and win special trophies in our monthly WADP Awards!

Additionally, you should also vote in the forum thread. The forum tally determines the delegate's vote, so this is your chance to determine how TNP's 1000 votes are used!


Security Council Vote Recommendation

Part of the Information for WA Voters program

Resolution at Vote: Repeal: "Commend Solorni"
Vote Recommendation: Against

Resolution Analysis
There is strong historical precedent within the NationStates community, that commendations of players discovered to have engaged in out-of-character (OOC) misconduct ought to be repealed, as a means of isolating these players and protecting the community. Such repeals have occurred a few times in the past, and The North Pacific has consistently voted in support of them. The need for these repeals arises, largely, due to the unwillingness of NationStates' administration to adequately address OOC actions occurring outside of the main NationStates website. It is also an unfortunate consequence of NationStates' harmful rules for handling OOC misconduct issues, that these repeals must be written from an entirely in-character (IC) perspective. As a result, repeals of this kind are difficult to write, with the authors having to waltz around the rules in order to disguise what the resolution really is about: condemnation of OOC misconduct.

Unfortunately, in the case of the repeal in question, the attempts for rule compliance have resulted in a resolution containing assertions that are at best exaggerations, and at worst outright falsehoods. The problematic claims are found in two clauses, "Disgusted..." and "Disturbed...": In these clauses, the resolution takes allegations of misconduct by the commended nation, previously published in Europeia's investigation, and elevates them into statements of fact. This is despite the fact that Europeia themselves acknowledge that there is not sufficient evidence to prove these allegations. To make matters worse, by asserting the entire career of the commended nation to be the result of OOC misconduct, the resolution grossly misrepresents even the number of these allegations. The implication of the clauses is that the commended nation routinely and consistently resorted to OOC misconduct, possibly in a majority of their interactions throughout their years-long NationStates career. There is simply no evidence to support that there has been misconduct at this scale.

It is worth taking a moment to contrast this resolution with previous repeals of commendations for OOC reasons: All of them had to cite IC arguments, in order to overcome the unfortunate confines of the NationStates' rules. However, none of them had to resort to unproven assertions of OOC misconduct. This is the first resolution to do so. Supporting this resolution sets a dangerous precedent for future resolutions attempting to address OOC misconduct. Not only is this resolution not conducive to establishing an effective protocol for how the community should deal with cases of OOC misconduct by commended players, but it damages what progress the community has already made in that regard.

Because of all of the above, The North Pacific must oppose this resolution. The North Pacific would vote in favor of an alternative repeal resolution that addressed the above shortcomings. But as it stands, The North Pacific recommends a vote against the current resolution.

LinkJoin our discussion!



Sponsored by the LinkMinistry of World Assembly Affairs of The North Pacific.

Read dispatch

Territorio di Nessuno, Kranostav, Praeceps, Siwale, and 6 othersAerilia, Ka Ching, Govornia, Democritus, Sinelona, and Castilleland

Ham Federation wrote: ew.. I don't like cockroaches

"Okay..."
~Supreme Leader Princess Adeline, terrified of cockroaches

Me too... I don't like cockroaches either.

~President Calvin Burt, disagrees about cockroaches

Please TG or Discord DM your SR weapon orders. If I don't have it, I will procure it for you. Competitive prices on all international and domestically produced weaponry.

I Have A New Capital Now!

Asthea, Eraver, Democritus, The Black Cathedral, and 1 otherRicemilk

Ricemilk wrote:Communism is working for me

Cool. I'm playing as an anarcho-capitalist.

Marx and Engels made some excellent points though. Also, John Stuart Mill and John Rawls.

The Northern Light wrote:Greetings everyone!

There is a new vote in the Security Council:

Resolution at Vote: Repeal: "Commend Solorni"
Vote Recommendation: Against
Forum voting thread: https://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9189671/

You can read the Information for WA Voters dispatch (please upvote!) for more information about the resolution.

If you are a WA member, make sure to vote so that you have your voice heard and win special trophies in our monthly WADP Awards!

Additionally, you should also vote in the forum thread. The forum tally determines the delegate's vote, so this is your chance to determine how TNP's 1000 votes are used!


Security Council Vote Recommendation

Part of the Information for WA Voters program

Resolution at Vote: Repeal: "Commend Solorni"
Vote Recommendation: Against

Resolution Analysis
There is strong historical precedent within the NationStates community, that commendations of players discovered to have engaged in out-of-character (OOC) misconduct ought to be repealed, as a means of isolating these players and protecting the community. Such repeals have occurred a few times in the past, and The North Pacific has consistently voted in support of them. The need for these repeals arises, largely, due to the unwillingness of NationStates' administration to adequately address OOC actions occurring outside of the main NationStates website. It is also an unfortunate consequence of NationStates' harmful rules for handling OOC misconduct issues, that these repeals must be written from an entirely in-character (IC) perspective. As a result, repeals of this kind are difficult to write, with the authors having to waltz around the rules in order to disguise what the resolution really is about: condemnation of OOC misconduct.

Unfortunately, in the case of the repeal in question, the attempts for rule compliance have resulted in a resolution containing assertions that are at best exaggerations, and at worst outright falsehoods. The problematic claims are found in two clauses, "Disgusted..." and "Disturbed...": In these clauses, the resolution takes allegations of misconduct by the commended nation, previously published in Europeia's investigation, and elevates them into statements of fact. This is despite the fact that Europeia themselves acknowledge that there is not sufficient evidence to prove these allegations. To make matters worse, by asserting the entire career of the commended nation to be the result of OOC misconduct, the resolution grossly misrepresents even the number of these allegations. The implication of the clauses is that the commended nation routinely and consistently resorted to OOC misconduct, possibly in a majority of their interactions throughout their years-long NationStates career. There is simply no evidence to support that there has been misconduct at this scale.

It is worth taking a moment to contrast this resolution with previous repeals of commendations for OOC reasons: All of them had to cite IC arguments, in order to overcome the unfortunate confines of the NationStates' rules. However, none of them had to resort to unproven assertions of OOC misconduct. This is the first resolution to do so. Supporting this resolution sets a dangerous precedent for future resolutions attempting to address OOC misconduct. Not only is this resolution not conducive to establishing an effective protocol for how the community should deal with cases of OOC misconduct by commended players, but it damages what progress the community has already made in that regard.

Because of all of the above, The North Pacific must oppose this resolution. The North Pacific would vote in favor of an alternative repeal resolution that addressed the above shortcomings. But as it stands, The North Pacific recommends a vote against the current resolution.

LinkJoin our discussion!



Sponsored by the LinkMinistry of World Assembly Affairs of The North Pacific.

Read dispatch

who control you?

Just snapped at the most annoying guy I have ever met on this site, I hate him

United north american

I try to ignore annoying people.

Dat stoicism.

The empire of bangladesh

I strongly suggest world leaders to vote against the security council as is instructed to us by the higher ups,

Even if the odds seems against our decision for now. We must co-ordinate.

Thank you and Love you all Truly!

Friendly reminder that you should never buy from The Black Cathedral since ah... ah.... thinks they kill babies?

The empire of bangladesh wrote:I strongly suggest world leaders to vote against the security council as is instructed to us by the higher ups,

Even if the odds seems against our decision for now. We must co-ordinate.

Thank you and Love you all Truly!

I Vote For!

Star-fleet commander

Hi, I want to form an independent, defender and neutral army, but I don't know how to proceed. I'm new and I don't have money to spend in game.
Only after I have my basic military friends I will affiliate to a region. The North Pacific seems good to reside here, but I'm not yet sure. I just started.

finaly the computer is fixed and i am on it right now typing this

Drasyll wrote:Friendly reminder that you should never buy from The Black Cathedral since ah... ah.... thinks they kill babies?

You are wrong. Children are protected quite well under Cathedrelian law.

Take your age. Subtract 2. Then add 2.

Guess what? That’s your age.

Hey guys, who would win in a fight? A stick or a dozen soldiers?

I'm playing as Socio-Capitalist nation that hates prohibition.

Democritus

Why does the RMB HAVE to be dead right now? C’mon!

Eraver wrote:I'm playing as Socio-Capitalist nation that hates prohibition.

AKA the US...

Democritus

For some reason, I choose the way to raise employment, but, corruption raised by 5.6%, While the employment is 0.56%

What?

Mzeusia, Govornia, Castilleland, and -new europe

Greetings.

Greetings everyone!

There is a new vote in the Security Council:

Resolution at Vote: Repeal: "Commend Solorni"
Vote Recommendation: Against
Forum voting thread: https://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9189671/

You can read the Information for WA Voters dispatch (please upvote!) for more information about the resolution.

If you are a WA member, make sure to vote so that you have your voice heard and win special trophies in our monthly WADP Awards!

Additionally, you should also vote in the forum thread. The forum tally determines the delegate's vote, so this is your chance to determine how TNP's 1000 votes are used!


Security Council Vote Recommendation

Part of the Information for WA Voters program

Resolution at Vote: Repeal: "Commend Solorni"
Vote Recommendation: Against

Resolution Analysis
There is strong historical precedent within the NationStates community, that commendations of players discovered to have engaged in out-of-character (OOC) misconduct ought to be repealed, as a means of isolating these players and protecting the community. Such repeals have occurred a few times in the past, and The North Pacific has consistently voted in support of them. The need for these repeals arises, largely, due to the unwillingness of NationStates' administration to adequately address OOC actions occurring outside of the main NationStates website. It is also an unfortunate consequence of NationStates' harmful rules for handling OOC misconduct issues, that these repeals must be written from an entirely in-character (IC) perspective. As a result, repeals of this kind are difficult to write, with the authors having to waltz around the rules in order to disguise what the resolution really is about: condemnation of OOC misconduct.

Unfortunately, in the case of the repeal in question, the attempts for rule compliance have resulted in a resolution containing assertions that are at best exaggerations, and at worst outright falsehoods. The problematic claims are found in two clauses, "Disgusted..." and "Disturbed...": In these clauses, the resolution takes allegations of misconduct by the commended nation, previously published in Europeia's investigation, and elevates them into statements of fact. This is despite the fact that Europeia themselves acknowledge that there is not sufficient evidence to prove these allegations. To make matters worse, by asserting the entire career of the commended nation to be the result of OOC misconduct, the resolution grossly misrepresents even the number of these allegations. The implication of the clauses is that the commended nation routinely and consistently resorted to OOC misconduct, possibly in a majority of their interactions throughout their years-long NationStates career. There is simply no evidence to support that there has been misconduct at this scale.

It is worth taking a moment to contrast this resolution with previous repeals of commendations for OOC reasons: All of them had to cite IC arguments, in order to overcome the unfortunate confines of the NationStates' rules. However, none of them had to resort to unproven assertions of OOC misconduct. This is the first resolution to do so. Supporting this resolution sets a dangerous precedent for future resolutions attempting to address OOC misconduct. Not only is this resolution not conducive to establishing an effective protocol for how the community should deal with cases of OOC misconduct by commended players, but it damages what progress the community has already made in that regard.

Because of all of the above, The North Pacific must oppose this resolution. The North Pacific would vote in favor of an alternative repeal resolution that addressed the above shortcomings. But as it stands, The North Pacific recommends a vote against the current resolution.

LinkJoin our discussion!



Sponsored by the LinkMinistry of World Assembly Affairs of The North Pacific.

Read dispatch

«12. . .40,75240,75340,75440,75540,75640,75740,758. . .65,00765,008»

Advertisement