by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

The Pacific Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .29,70529,70629,70729,70829,70929,71029,711. . .30,24230,243»

I got a new personal record on the 10 pages to the leader of nazi germany wikipedia challenge by using only 3 links.

Wubdich wrote:???
Your implication confuse me

dont they always? ^-^

Wubdich wrote:Patchnotes 2.0
  • Happy Easter - although late by 4/5 days, I know :p

WubWub‘s Bizarre Adventure
A Slice of Life story

NationStates, the website where you can simulate being the leader of a nation and roleplay as this nation. Tens of thousands of nation exist, some more powerful than the others. These nations are located in regions of all kinds and size. One of them, the Pacific. My home-region. And a chaotic place. And one day, I sat there like all the others, and thought: ‘Why not do the same thing animes do since years, and just personify all nations as Anime Girls?’ Thus, this story was born. Thus, I welcome you, to my strange adventure through the personifications of the Pacific!

Unofficial opening:
LinkCrazy Noisy Bizarre Town by The DU

Dispatch restructured

Since the Dispatch started lagging from too much text when editing it, Chapters will now be moved into their own Dispatches. Only the newest addition will now be shown in the Spoiler below.

Click here for:

Chapter 1

Chapter 1 Epilogue

Chapter 2

The very belated Halloween Special 2020 - Kinda done for the year :/ Sorry.

THE FINAL BATTLE APRIL 2021!!!

The clock strikes, as the last students leave the schoolyard. With the mysterious back in hand, Wubby approaches the blooming cherry alley next to the school, where she is supposed to meet up with Bunnies. From afar she can already spot Bunnies idling around by tapping her foot on the ground, waiting for Wubby. As she spots Wubby, her ears instantly point upwards, while she waves at her.

“Hiya!” Wubby says, as she comes closer. “Almost forgot the bag tomorrow...”

Giggling, Bunnies responds: “Hey hey, Wubby-chan! Glad you could make it! No problem about that; I almost forgot my stuff today as well.”

“Then we’re even.” Wubby counters with a smile. “So, what’s in the bag?”

“Open it!”

Curious, Wubby opens the back Bunnies gave her yesterday evening. Her eyes widen as she spots what’s inside. “I-Is that...”

“A bunny costume!” Bunnies finishes her sentence. “Although, I guess not an actual bunny costume in the orthodox definition, but rather a bunny-ear-headband, a skirt with a bunny tail on it, and some paw-gloves. This universe defines bunny costumes and bunnygirls different, I guess… Ah! Before I drift off into monologues again, let me explain! There’s more in the bag. Look underneath the “costume”!”

Wubby pushes the costume things aside, to reveal a couple of boxes labeled with eggs. Carefully, she pulls one of the boxes out, and gives one to Bunnies, who opened her arms already to get it. “This is, as you may reckon, a box full of eggs! Coloured eggs, mind you. Why eggs? Why the costume? Simple! Where I come from, the realm of the Bunny, we celebrate a festival in spring that worships The Great Bun, savior and creator of all bunnies. It is said that they gifts all their worshipers (and their friends) with golden eggs to portray their gratefulness and power. Since there aren’t many bunnies (or bunnygirls) in this realm, it’s mostly on me to make that whole thing work. Aaaaaaaaaaand then I asked you, because you know that I know that you would come to ask you for help about something like that. And because there’s… something about you whenever something big like this happens. Can’t describe it. Anyway! Some trivia. Because I don’t have a magical gold-egg machine, magical goose or the address of Humpty Dumpty, I have these coloured eggs! It’s the alternative, if you have no way of hiding golden eggs. So, that’s that!”

“Wait. Golden eggs are normal from where you come?”

“Yes?” Bunnies looks at Wubby with a curious look, tilting her head slightly with one lump ear. “What’s wrong?”

Wubby responds with a half surprised, half confused look. Unsure how to counter question, and if she even wants to know details, especially after hearing the ways Bunnies listed to get golden eggs, she look back and forth between the box and Bunnies. “Uhm, uhh… Whatever.” she finally adds, shaking her head. “So, we’re going to hide the eggs around school?”

“Yes! Originally, I had planned to hide them… well, everywhere. Around town, around peoples’ backyards, in the school, on trees, somewhere where the avera--”

In this text.

Bunnies stops, as some disembodied voice echoes, as if it whispered into their ears. “What’s wrong, Bunnies-san?” Wubby asks, equally confused.

“...did you not hear that?”

“Hear what?”

Bunnies looks around hectically in confusion, but comes to the conclusion that she must have imagined it. Quickly she checks her phone if a voice message or video went off somehow, but finds nothing. “Weird...” she comments, while putting her phone in her jacket pocket again. “Uhm, anyway. So, yes, I wanted to hide them literally anywhere, but that would have been a little too much, and I couldn’t have guaranteed that all eggs would have been where I put them once the egghunt starts. Therefore, I got the allowance of the teachers and the headmaster to do it in the school, as long as I return the keys to Jar-sensei later at home. Fun fact! They wouldn’t trust anyone else apart from Nullity-chan with the keys. But, shh, you don’t have that from me!” Bunnies eyes quickly glimpse over the clock on the school, spotting that the time has advanced quite a bit since they met up. “Oh! Enough of the talking, let’s get to work!” She pulls out a folded piece of paper from one of her pockets, and hands it to Wubby. “This is a small collection of places I thought would be good for hiding. I scouted them out during cleaning duty. If you find any even better places, do as you please and hide some eggs there! We have plenty of spare ones. Let’s go!”

As she is a bunnygirl, Bunnies very quickly hops off to get to work, instantly disappearing into the school building. But before Wubby could get moving, she peeks out of the door again to add: “And don’t forget to put on the ‘costume’! Otherwise it would bring bad luck!” and disappears into the building again.

Wubby looks back and forth between the bag she is holding and the door Bunnies disappeared behind. She picks up the bunny-ear-headband, and slowly looks around to check if anybody is around. Only when she made sure that nobody is around, she puts on the headband. And as she does, she asks “What about Nullity-chan?” as she is also a bunnygirl. Shaking her head, she focuses her mind on the job she was given right now. She puts the other clothes on inside the building though.

Hours later

Just like hours earlier, Bunnies idles around in front of the school. Unlike Wubby, she finished the task already. By an hour earlier. Being half-bunny benefits in speed. Therefore she sat down on a bench next to the cherry alley and dangles her legs, awaiting Wubby to come out of the school. To be fair, it were a lot of eggs to hide, since it’s a big school. But that doesn’t stop Wubby either. In that time, Bunnies watches the blooming cherry trees shaking through the gentle gusts of wind.

Then finally, Wubby comes out, dressed in the clothes Bunnies gave her. Instantly, the bunnygirl jumps up from the bench, and asks: “Finished? How many eggs are left?”

“None.” Wubby confidently says. “I have hidden them all! You know, that I know, that you know, that I do that job properly!”

“Excellent!” Bunnies says, smiling. “This will be fun tomorrow! And thank you very much for helping me out!”

“No problem!”

“But! Before I forget! The egg hunt will be under moderation of the teachers and the organizers. In other words, the ones hiding the eggs! Which means, you’ll have to come to school in the outfit tomorrow.”

Wubby freezes. She felt there was a catch, but couldn’t put a finger on where. “Really?” she asks to reassure.

“Yes!” Bunnies responds giggling, “I know you’d make that face. Of course, you don’t have to. But if you agree, you’d have to come with the outfit, to signal everyone that you are co-responsible and all that. Nullity-chan will appear later in the day too, but I’d be alone for the time being. Unless, you agree to it.”

Thinking about it, Wubby spaces out for a second. Would she possible take the potential embarrassment of appearing in such a costume? How will Arcti and others react? Or rather, how much will they chuckle?

Considering Wubby has worn many other outfits that are different kinds of more embarrassing, this is not an issue. A headband with ears, a small little tail attached to her skirt, and some gloves that look like paws are rather cute than anything, even in her eyes. She had been a catgirl for a school play before, so why not be a bunnygirl for a bunny event?

“I’m in.” Wubby concludes. Appreciative, Bunnies smiles and thanks her, while locking the doors of the school through the masterkey. Together the bunny and her assistant conclude the day, walking home.

As peaceful as this was, the day ends event less, and without any drama...

Before I come to the actual point, I have to give a shoutout to Bunnies for initially wanting to make an Easter Event for us. Unfortunately, it didn't happen. Don't think Bunnies is at fault for it not happening though! Yes, it would have been a little scavenger hunt that may or may not have taken a little to prepare. But, as a great artist once said, we are PacifiCANs and not PacifiCAN'Ts. One way or the other, the right people would have done it even if it was a short time. But I look forward to next year! Assuming our beloved local bunny will still be around. And me, of course.

Either way - I have created a very small one in substitute. Because I didn't have the time and means (meaning I was away from my main PC over Easter), I couldn't have done it earlier. But I am doing it now. What exactly? You'll see. On Sunday midnight my time, I will provide a description of what to do. Really simple, and will not be a hundred-puppet-hint-scavenger-hunt. Much less, but all on NS.

A prize? Yes, there is. When you find all the things I have hidden on Sunday, you can request something. A special for the story of this very fanfic. What special? Well, about someone. A nation, an event, anything that fits into the story. Or if you say 'but I'm not creative enough for something', I have another option. Namely, you can request me to alter something. Some character's design - your or someone else's. As long as it's all appropriate and doesn't infuriate anyone (too much). A tease is okay, as you may know from my own character-creation-shenanigans. Either way, a request regarding the story of the Pacific's SoL. I cannot say when it will be done though.

Now then. Until Sunday!

[To be continued...]
Read factbook


Hmmm...

So I'm going to need to figure out what time Germany midnight is for me, it seems.

Kathol Rift wrote:Hmmm...

So I'm going to need to figure out what time Germany midnight is for me, it seems.

it depends? are you in france or denmark because if so i beileve i hear the faint sounds of german boots marching right towards you to enact merkels goal of a New Order free of the worst thing known to man coal

Imperial Pravus wrote:it depends? are you in france or denmark because if so i beileve i hear the faint sounds of german boots marching right towards you to enact merkels goal of a New Order free of the worst thing known to man coal

If I was in France, I'd have much bigger issues than figuring out what time to be online for Wub's easter thing. Namely, the fact that I was in France.

Kathol Rift wrote:Hmmm...

So I'm going to need to figure out what time Germany midnight is for me, it seems.

You're in the same timezone as me, right?

Because if you are, it's roughly 4:00 PM here when Midnight hits Germany. (Or at least Berlin.)

The Municipalities of Antarctica wrote:You're in the same timezone as me, right?

Because if you are, it's roughly 4:00 PM here when Midnight hits Germany. (Or at least Berlin.)

I'm no life anger in the same timezone as you I think, because AZ doesn't do daylight savings. I'll figure it out though.

Kathol Rift wrote:I'm no life anger in the same timezone as you I think, because AZ doesn't do daylight savings. I'll figure it out though.

Arizona?
3 PM.

The Municipalities of Antarctica wrote:Arizona?
3 PM.

It's 5:41 P.m in Arizona isn't it?

Strala wrote:It's 5:41 P.m in Arizona isn't it?

It's 6:42 here and thus 5:42 there.
I'm talking about when Midnight hits Berlin, what time it is in Arizona when that happens.

The Municipalities of Antarctica wrote:It's 6:42 here.
I'm talking about when Midnight hits Berlin, what time it is in Arizona when that happens.

Oh. Nvm then

MiG-29SMT (Red Moon)
Su-35S (Markov)
Su-57 (Markov)

Project Aces are bringing Assault Horizon skins into Ace Combat 7. The first time I've been happy to hear anything concerning Assault Horizon.

Gladinia wrote:alright?

Bartender: I mean, right?

Kathol Rift wrote:I'm no life anger in the same timezone as you I think, because AZ doesn't do daylight savings. I'll figure it out though.

Huh I’m in AZ too...

Wubdich wrote:Patchnotes 2.0
  • Happy Easter - although late by 4/5 days, I know :p

WubWub‘s Bizarre Adventure
A Slice of Life story

NationStates, the website where you can simulate being the leader of a nation and roleplay as this nation. Tens of thousands of nation exist, some more powerful than the others. These nations are located in regions of all kinds and size. One of them, the Pacific. My home-region. And a chaotic place. And one day, I sat there like all the others, and thought: ‘Why not do the same thing animes do since years, and just personify all nations as Anime Girls?’ Thus, this story was born. Thus, I welcome you, to my strange adventure through the personifications of the Pacific!

Unofficial opening:
LinkCrazy Noisy Bizarre Town by The DU

Dispatch restructured

Since the Dispatch started lagging from too much text when editing it, Chapters will now be moved into their own Dispatches. Only the newest addition will now be shown in the Spoiler below.

Click here for:

Chapter 1

Chapter 1 Epilogue

Chapter 2

The very belated Halloween Special 2020 - Kinda done for the year :/ Sorry.

THE FINAL BATTLE APRIL 2021!!!

The clock strikes, as the last students leave the schoolyard. With the mysterious back in hand, Wubby approaches the blooming cherry alley next to the school, where she is supposed to meet up with Bunnies. From afar she can already spot Bunnies idling around by tapping her foot on the ground, waiting for Wubby. As she spots Wubby, her ears instantly point upwards, while she waves at her.

“Hiya!” Wubby says, as she comes closer. “Almost forgot the bag tomorrow...”

Giggling, Bunnies responds: “Hey hey, Wubby-chan! Glad you could make it! No problem about that; I almost forgot my stuff today as well.”

“Then we’re even.” Wubby counters with a smile. “So, what’s in the bag?”

“Open it!”

Curious, Wubby opens the back Bunnies gave her yesterday evening. Her eyes widen as she spots what’s inside. “I-Is that...”

“A bunny costume!” Bunnies finishes her sentence. “Although, I guess not an actual bunny costume in the orthodox definition, but rather a bunny-ear-headband, a skirt with a bunny tail on it, and some paw-gloves. This universe defines bunny costumes and bunnygirls different, I guess… Ah! Before I drift off into monologues again, let me explain! There’s more in the bag. Look underneath the “costume”!”

Wubby pushes the costume things aside, to reveal a couple of boxes labeled with eggs. Carefully, she pulls one of the boxes out, and gives one to Bunnies, who opened her arms already to get it. “This is, as you may reckon, a box full of eggs! Coloured eggs, mind you. Why eggs? Why the costume? Simple! Where I come from, the realm of the Bunny, we celebrate a festival in spring that worships The Great Bun, savior and creator of all bunnies. It is said that they gifts all their worshipers (and their friends) with golden eggs to portray their gratefulness and power. Since there aren’t many bunnies (or bunnygirls) in this realm, it’s mostly on me to make that whole thing work. Aaaaaaaaaaand then I asked you, because you know that I know that you would come to ask you for help about something like that. And because there’s… something about you whenever something big like this happens. Can’t describe it. Anyway! Some trivia. Because I don’t have a magical gold-egg machine, magical goose or the address of Humpty Dumpty, I have these coloured eggs! It’s the alternative, if you have no way of hiding golden eggs. So, that’s that!”

“Wait. Golden eggs are normal from where you come?”

“Yes?” Bunnies looks at Wubby with a curious look, tilting her head slightly with one lump ear. “What’s wrong?”

Wubby responds with a half surprised, half confused look. Unsure how to counter question, and if she even wants to know details, especially after hearing the ways Bunnies listed to get golden eggs, she look back and forth between the box and Bunnies. “Uhm, uhh… Whatever.” she finally adds, shaking her head. “So, we’re going to hide the eggs around school?”

“Yes! Originally, I had planned to hide them… well, everywhere. Around town, around peoples’ backyards, in the school, on trees, somewhere where the avera--”

In this text.

Bunnies stops, as some disembodied voice echoes, as if it whispered into their ears. “What’s wrong, Bunnies-san?” Wubby asks, equally confused.

“...did you not hear that?”

“Hear what?”

Bunnies looks around hectically in confusion, but comes to the conclusion that she must have imagined it. Quickly she checks her phone if a voice message or video went off somehow, but finds nothing. “Weird...” she comments, while putting her phone in her jacket pocket again. “Uhm, anyway. So, yes, I wanted to hide them literally anywhere, but that would have been a little too much, and I couldn’t have guaranteed that all eggs would have been where I put them once the egghunt starts. Therefore, I got the allowance of the teachers and the headmaster to do it in the school, as long as I return the keys to Jar-sensei later at home. Fun fact! They wouldn’t trust anyone else apart from Nullity-chan with the keys. But, shh, you don’t have that from me!” Bunnies eyes quickly glimpse over the clock on the school, spotting that the time has advanced quite a bit since they met up. “Oh! Enough of the talking, let’s get to work!” She pulls out a folded piece of paper from one of her pockets, and hands it to Wubby. “This is a small collection of places I thought would be good for hiding. I scouted them out during cleaning duty. If you find any even better places, do as you please and hide some eggs there! We have plenty of spare ones. Let’s go!”

As she is a bunnygirl, Bunnies very quickly hops off to get to work, instantly disappearing into the school building. But before Wubby could get moving, she peeks out of the door again to add: “And don’t forget to put on the ‘costume’! Otherwise it would bring bad luck!” and disappears into the building again.

Wubby looks back and forth between the bag she is holding and the door Bunnies disappeared behind. She picks up the bunny-ear-headband, and slowly looks around to check if anybody is around. Only when she made sure that nobody is around, she puts on the headband. And as she does, she asks “What about Nullity-chan?” as she is also a bunnygirl. Shaking her head, she focuses her mind on the job she was given right now. She puts the other clothes on inside the building though.

Hours later

Just like hours earlier, Bunnies idles around in front of the school. Unlike Wubby, she finished the task already. By an hour earlier. Being half-bunny benefits in speed. Therefore she sat down on a bench next to the cherry alley and dangles her legs, awaiting Wubby to come out of the school. To be fair, it were a lot of eggs to hide, since it’s a big school. But that doesn’t stop Wubby either. In that time, Bunnies watches the blooming cherry trees shaking through the gentle gusts of wind.

Then finally, Wubby comes out, dressed in the clothes Bunnies gave her. Instantly, the bunnygirl jumps up from the bench, and asks: “Finished? How many eggs are left?”

“None.” Wubby confidently says. “I have hidden them all! You know, that I know, that you know, that I do that job properly!”

“Excellent!” Bunnies says, smiling. “This will be fun tomorrow! And thank you very much for helping me out!”

“No problem!”

“But! Before I forget! The egg hunt will be under moderation of the teachers and the organizers. In other words, the ones hiding the eggs! Which means, you’ll have to come to school in the outfit tomorrow.”

Wubby freezes. She felt there was a catch, but couldn’t put a finger on where. “Really?” she asks to reassure.

“Yes!” Bunnies responds giggling, “I know you’d make that face. Of course, you don’t have to. But if you agree, you’d have to come with the outfit, to signal everyone that you are co-responsible and all that. Nullity-chan will appear later in the day too, but I’d be alone for the time being. Unless, you agree to it.”

Thinking about it, Wubby spaces out for a second. Would she possible take the potential embarrassment of appearing in such a costume? How will Arcti and others react? Or rather, how much will they chuckle?

Considering Wubby has worn many other outfits that are different kinds of more embarrassing, this is not an issue. A headband with ears, a small little tail attached to her skirt, and some gloves that look like paws are rather cute than anything, even in her eyes. She had been a catgirl for a school play before, so why not be a bunnygirl for a bunny event?

“I’m in.” Wubby concludes. Appreciative, Bunnies smiles and thanks her, while locking the doors of the school through the masterkey. Together the bunny and her assistant conclude the day, walking home.

As peaceful as this was, the day ends event less, and without any drama...

Before I come to the actual point, I have to give a shoutout to Bunnies for initially wanting to make an Easter Event for us. Unfortunately, it didn't happen. Don't think Bunnies is at fault for it not happening though! Yes, it would have been a little scavenger hunt that may or may not have taken a little to prepare. But, as a great artist once said, we are PacifiCANs and not PacifiCAN'Ts. One way or the other, the right people would have done it even if it was a short time. But I look forward to next year! Assuming our beloved local bunny will still be around. And me, of course.

Either way - I have created a very small one in substitute. Because I didn't have the time and means (meaning I was away from my main PC over Easter), I couldn't have done it earlier. But I am doing it now. What exactly? You'll see. On Sunday midnight my time, I will provide a description of what to do. Really simple, and will not be a hundred-puppet-hint-scavenger-hunt. Much less, but all on NS.

A prize? Yes, there is. When you find all the things I have hidden on Sunday, you can request something. A special for the story of this very fanfic. What special? Well, about someone. A nation, an event, anything that fits into the story. Or if you say 'but I'm not creative enough for something', I have another option. Namely, you can request me to alter something. Some character's design - your or someone else's. As long as it's all appropriate and doesn't infuriate anyone (too much). A tease is okay, as you may know from my own character-creation-shenanigans. Either way, a request regarding the story of the Pacific's SoL. I cannot say when it will be done though.

Now then. Until Sunday!

[To be continued...]
Read factbook

The much awaited continuation is here!

Post by Them Chic suppressed by Xoriet.

Wraithen Meidara wrote:hi

Yea the definitiom of power abuse, you banned jected him for no reason

I think I will stop expanding.

Territory:
https://imgur.com/a/ExN5GEK
(Yellow: My Territory)

Them Chic wrote:Yea the definitiom of power abuse, you banned jected him for no reason

No, no not really.
He was banjected because he was causing problems in another Pacific, and if you cause problems in another Pacific you're likely going to cause problems here too.
It was by no means related to the fact that he merely said "hi."

Edit: It also looks as if he was just banjected from your region too. So there's that.

The Municipalities of Antarctica wrote:Arizona?
3 PM.

Cool. That should work.

Them Chic wrote:Yea the definitiom of power abuse, you banned jected him for no reason

And you will be too if you continue to defend someone the Regional Officers have banned

Kathol Rift wrote:Cool. That should work.

You're welcome.

The Municipalities of Antarctica wrote:You're welcome.

Thank you very much, good sir.

Is there anything I should change?

T-16(Centurion Modification)
Armor: ???/???/???mm (Front/Sides&Back/Mantlet)
Main Gun Caliber: 110mm
Average Penetration: ???mm
Classification: MBT
Top Speed: 45 km/h (On road) 35 km/h (Off road)
Elevation: 20° / -9°
Shells Used: HEAT, APFSDS

FT-35
Armor: 30/30/5mm (Front/Sides&Back/Mantlet)
Main Guns' Calibers: 35mm
Average Penetration: 40mm
Classification: IFV
Top Speed: 60 km/h (On road) 45 km/h (Off road)
Elevation: 20° / -10°
Shells Used: AP

Read factbook

Cozio wrote:Is there anything I should change?
T-16(Centurion Modification)
Armor: ???/???/???mm (Front/Sides&Back/Mantlet)
Main Gun Caliber: 110mm
Average Penetration: ???mm
Classification: MBT
Top Speed: 45 km/h (On road) 35 km/h (Off road)
Elevation: 20° / -9°
Shells Used: HEAT, APFSDS

FT-35
Armor: 30/30/5mm (Front/Sides&Back/Mantlet)
Main Guns' Calibers: 35mm
Average Penetration: 40mm
Classification: IFV
Top Speed: 60 km/h (On road) 45 km/h (Off road)
Elevation: 20° / -10°
Shells Used: AP

Read factbook

Nothing from what I can see.

The Municipalities of Antarctica wrote:Nothing from what I can see.

Alright, thanks. I'll do some more tanks tomorrow or eventually.

«12. . .29,70529,70629,70729,70829,70929,71029,711. . .30,24230,243»

Advertisement