WA Delegate: The 🍪 Biscuits and Endorsements of Aumeltopia (elected )
Last WA Update:
Embassies: The North Pacific, The East Pacific, the Rejected Realms, Conch Kingdom, The Union of Democratic States, Spiritus, Forest, Hell, Lazarus, NationStates, 10000 Islands, Albion, Equilism, Gay, Versailles Isle, Knowhere, and 8 others.Psomewhere, South Pacific Trading Company, Europe, Wintreath, South Pacific, the West Pacific, the Pacific, and TSP XKI Cultural Exchange.
Tags: Anti-Fascist, Casual, Defender, Democratic, Egalitarian, Fantasy Tech, Featured, Feeder, Feminist, Founderless, Future Tech, Gargantuan, and 13 others.General Assembly, LGBT, Map, Modern Tech, Offsite Chat, Offsite Forums, Outer Space, Regional Government, Role Player, Security Council, Snarky, Social, and World Assembly.
Regional Power: Extremely High
Today's World Census Report
The Highest Disposable Incomes in the South Pacific
The World Census calculated the average incomes of citizens after paying tax.
As a region, the South Pacific is ranked 9,029th in the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
|1.||The Kingdom of Darkmen||Corporate Police State Halliburton||“gold or lead”|
|2.||The Holy Filesharing Empire of Ceidtopia||Benevolent Dictatorship Temporary Liberal State of Emergency||“No work no worries.”|
|3.||The Seafood Paradise of KohrAr||Anarchy Post-Revolution Embryonic Society||“With oysters we thrive!”|
|4.||The Rogue Nation of The Country Without a Name||Corporate Police State Halliburton||“The illogically run government”|
|5.||The Confederacy of City States Nation||New York Times Democracy Corporate-Dominated Sham Democracy||“Terra novum et caelum”|
|6.||The Incorporated States of Sehlysdre||Anarchy Post-Revolution Embryonic Society||“Fiat iustitia et pereat mundus”|
|7.||The Free Land of Privatore||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy Fascists||“Desperate, but not helpless.”|
|8.||The Republic of Kiasu-ism||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy Fascists||“Kiasi, Kiabor, and most importantly... Kiasu!”|
|9.||The Empire of Hamronica||Benevolent Dictatorship Temporary Liberal State of Emergency||“Mahnamahna”|
|10.||The Consumption of Skeeth||Compulsory Consumerist State Consumerist Wage Drones||“Productivity makes you free. Obey and consume.”|
Regional Poll • How many languages do you speak?
Voting opened 1 day 16 hours ago and will close . Open to residents. You cannot vote as you are not logged in.
- : The Republic of The Tarotverse was founded.
- : The United Kingdom of S Georgia and S Sandwich Islands arrived from Osiris.
- : The Protectorate of Doval Istia was founded.
- : The Democratic States of China Gundaraj was founded.
- : The Empire of Deutschesland departed this region for The Union of the Whole World.
- : The Empire of Deutschesland was founded.
- : The Community of Hhgfg was founded.
- : The Kingdom of Northern Orortanana was founded.
- : The Oppressed Peoples of Nafizland departed this region for 00000 A World Power.
- : The Oppressed Peoples of Nafizland was founded.
The South Pacific Regional Message Board
I'm not sure any of the recipes are registered with a patent office, so you'd need to come up with your own.
Most nations with a recipe jealously guard the secret, and patented recipes are publicly available.
Contact Volaworand to request to join the SPaRTA trade bloc.
The Governments of Aumeltopia, Auphelia, Beepee, British Falkland Islands, British Pitcairn Islands, The ColdWyvernian Undead, East Sakhlin, Eskvenn, Hanguk-Nippon, Kerlodia, Midand, North Prarie, Poleande, S Georgia and S Sandwich Islands, St Helena Ascension and Tristan da Cunha, South Pacifica Isles, Techganet, United Europe-Eurasia, Volaworand, and Zess (hereinafter referred to as "the South Pacific Nations") being members of the South Pacific Region:
MINDFUL of the close historic, economic, political and geographic links that bind the members of the South Pacific;
RECOGNISING the special relationship and commitment of Aumeltopia and Volaworand to South Pacific Iced Tea (hereinafter referred to as "SPIT") markets;
BEARING in mind the desire to strengthen economic cooperation within the South Pacific;
ACKNOWLEDGING the South Pacific's commitment to the promotion of sustained economic development of SPIT in the region;
AWARE of the crucial and vital role that SPIT plays in the cultural development of the South Pacific;
HAVING REGARD to the greater dependence of South Pacific Nations vis-a-vis other countries on the Aumeltopian and Volaworand SPIT markets;
RECOGNISING the desirability of broadening the already extensive preferential duty treatment accorded by Aumeltopia and Volaworand SPIT of the South Pacific Nations;
RECOGNISING the need to foster trade in products needed for the production of SPIT; and
MINDFUL of the differing economic potential of South Pacific Nations and the special problems faced in producing SPIT of smaller nations;
HAVE AGREED as follows:
Article I - Title
that we desire to normalize the production and trade of South Pacific Iced Tea in the South Pacific and henceforth accept and accede to this South Pacific Regional Trade Agreement (SPaRTA)
Article II - Objectives
The objectives of this Agreement are:
(a) to achieve progressively in favor of South Pacific Nations duty free and unrestricted access to the markets of Aumeltopia and Volaworand over the range of products used in Production of SPIT;
(b) to accelerate the development of the South Pacific Nations in particular through the expansion and diversification of their exports of SPIT components to Aumeltopia and Volaworand;
(c) to promote and facilitate this expansion and diversification through the elimination of trade barriers;
(d) to foster the growth and expansion of exports of South Pacific Nations through the promotion of investment in those countries;
(e) to promote greater penetration by exports from South Pacific Nations into the Aumeltopia and Volaworand markets through such measures as cooperation in the marketing and promotion of goods from South Pacific Nations; and
(f) to promote and facilitate economic cooperation, including commercial, industrial, production and technical cooperation.
Article III - Concessions and SPIT Commission
1. Subject to the provisions of this Agreement the Government of Aumeltopia and the Government of Volaworand shall:
(a) permit the duty free and unrestricted entry of goods used in the production of SPIT that originate in and are imported from South Pacific Nations;
(b) form a joint SPIT Commission, comprised of equal numbers appointed by both governments, to promote, inspect and enforce the standards thoughout the South Pacific Nations;
(c) send technical teams to Aumeltopia to jointly determine minimum safety, production and distribution standards for SPIT within 30 days of this agreement coming into force;
(d) enforce these standards within their nations, and ensure all subsidiaries and distributors of SPIT adhere to these standards; and
(e) ensure records of the SPIT commission and current safety, production and distribution standards are available to all South Pacific Nations.
2. Governments of the all South Pacific Nations shall:
(a) permit the duty free and unrestricted entry of SPIT that originate in and are imported from Aumeltopia and Volaworand;
(b) enforce these standards within their nations, and ensure all subsidiaries and distributors of SPIT within their nation adheres to these standards;
(c) allow the SPIT Commission, for the purposes outlined in Article III-1, access to facilities used in the production and distribution of SPIT; and
(d) work to progressively in favor of South Pacific Nations the duty free and unrestricted access to each others markets over SPIT and the range of products used in production of SPIT;
Article IV - Amendment to Standards
1. A Government of a South Pacific Nation may at any time propose, in writing jointly to the members of the SPIT Commission, the amendment of a Standards developed in Article III.
2. On receipt of such a proposal the SPIT Commission shall meet and review of the proposed amendment, and if requested by the Government of any South Pacific Nation, shall arrange consultations between the Party to which the amendment applies and interested Governments of South Pacific Nations.
3. Following the consultations referred to in paragraph 2 of this Article the SPIT Commission shall, within a reasonable period, notify all Parties of the consultation outcome including any amendment to the Standards and the date of its entry into effect.
Article V - Rules of origin
1. Goods shall be treated by the Government of Aumeltopia and the Government of Volaworand as originating in the territory of a South Pacific Nation if these goods are:
(a) the unmanufactured raw products of a South Pacific Nation; or
(b) manufactured goods, in relation to which:
(i) the process last performed in manufacture of the goods was performed in a South Pacific Nation; and
(ii) not less than 50 percent of the factory or works cost of the goods is represented by the value of labor or materials, or both, of:
(a) a South Pacific Nation; or
(b) a South Pacific Nation and one or more other South Pacific Nations; or
(c) one or more South Pacific Nations and Aumeltopia or Volaworand.
Article VI - General exceptions, revenue duties, dumped and subsidized goods
1. Provided that such measures are not used as a means of arbitrary or unjustifiable discrimination or as a disguised restriction on trade, nothing in this Agreement shall preclude the adoption or enforcement by the Government of Aumeltopia or the Government of Volaworand of measures:
(a) necessary for the protection of its essential security interests;
(b) necessary to protect public morals and the prevention of disorder or crime;
(c) necessary to protect human, animal or plant life or health;
(d) necessary to protect industrial property rights, copyrights, or to prevent unfair, deceptive or misleading practices;
(e) necessary to secure compliance with laws or regulations relating to customs enforcement, to tax avoidance and evasion and to foreign exchange control or for the application of standards or of regulations for the classification, grading or marketing of goods, or to the operation of recognised commodity marketing boards; or
(f) relating to obligations entered into in the context of multilateral or bilateral commodity agreements whilst taking account of any special needs and interests of South Pacific Nations.
2. Nothing in this Agreement shall preclude the imposition of:
(a) sales taxes; or
(b) revenue duties which are levied equally on both imports and domestic products.
Dumped and subsided goods
(a) Nothing in this Agreement shall preclude the Government of Aumeltopia or the Government of Volaworand from taking action, in accordance with their respective national legislation, relating to dumped or subsidised goods.
(b) Before the Government of Aumeltopia or the Government of Volaworand takes action in accordance with sub-paragraph (a) of this paragraph it shall notify in writing, and if requested consult with, the Party or Parties from whose territory the goods are being exported. For the purposes of this paragraph consultations shall be deemed to have commenced on the day on which the notification was made.
(c) If a mutually satisfactory solution of the matter is not reached within a period of 60 days from the commencement of the consultations referred to in subparagraph (b) of this paragraph, the Party into the territory of which the goods are being imported may, after giving notice to the Party from the territory of which the goods are being exported, levy dumping or counterfeiting duties on the goods.
Article VII - Economic, commercial and technical cooperation
1. In furtherance of the objectives of this Agreement the Parties shall facilitate cooperation between their commercial and industrial organizations and firms, encourage administrative cooperation and take steps to simplify, as far as practicable, procedures and formalities affecting the SPIT trade.
2. The Parties shall also take appropriate measures to encourage and facilitate the development of economic and technical cooperation between relevant organizations and firms of the countries concerned.
3. In addition, the Government of Aumeltopia and the Government of Volaworand shall consider appropriate forms of assistance within their bilateral and regional development assistance programs in the South Pacific, in accordance with the developmental priorities of individual South Pacific Nations. Within these priorities such assistance shall be considered in response to specific requests relating to measures and programs in the fields of export development and trade promotion, industrial development and the development of agriculture.
4. The Government of Aumeltopia and the Government of Volaworand shall also give appropriate support to approaches which may be made by the Governments of South Pacific Nations, either individually or collectively, to the Ministry of Regional Affairs, or other regional technical assistance agencies for training, research or funding support.
Export development and trade promotion
5. The measures and programs within the fields of export development and trade promotion referred to in paragraph 3 of this Article may include those which contribute to:
(a) the establishment or the improvement of the structure of organizations and firms in South Pacific Nations which contribute to the development of those countries, with particular emphasis on staffing requirements, financial management and working methods;
(b) basic training, management training, and vocational training of technicians in fields related to the development and promotion of domestic and international trade;
(c) product research, processing, quality guarantee and control, packaging and presentation;
(d) the development of supportive infrastructure, including transport and storage facilities, in order to facilitate the flow of exports from South Pacific Nations;
(e) the development of effective marketing and promotion techniques, based on research, marketing studies and advertising;
(f) cooperation between relevant organizations and firms in the establishment of schemes to promote the transfer and application of technology, the development of research, and the training of personnel;
(g) the collection, analysis and dissemination of trade information and access, where appropriate, to existing or future information systems of bodies in Aumeltopia or Volaworand; and
(h) participation by the South Pacific Nations in trade fairs and exhibitions.
Industrial and agricultural development
6. The measures and programs within the fields of industrial development and the development of agriculture referred to in paragraph 3 of this Article, may include those which contribute to:
(a) investment in industries, including agro-based industries, with particular emphasis on those of a smaller or medium size;
(b) the transfer of resources from Aumeltopia and Volaworand to the South Pacific Nations through joint ventures and other commercial arrangements;
(c) a greater degree of processing of raw materials produced in, and exported from, the South Pacific Nations;
(d) scientific and technological cooperation and training directed towards the acquisition, adaption and development by the South Pacific Nations of skills essential to their industrial and agricultural development;
(e) improvement of transport and communications, and other infrastructure associated with industrial and agricultural development; and
(f) closer cooperation, including the exchange of information, between firms and organizations contributing to the improvement and expansion of industrial and agricultural production.
Article IX - Special treatment for smaller South Pacific Nations
In implementing this Agreement the particular trade problems and interests of smaller South Pacific Nations shall be taken into account and special treatment and special measures may be provided by the Government of Aumeltopia and the Government of Volaworand to enable individual smaller South Pacific Nations to overcome the specific difficulties and obstacles resulting from the exceptional nature of their needs and characteristics and to take full advantage of the opportunities offered by this Agreement. This shall not be deemed to exclude the eligibility of other South Pacific Nations to receive special treatment as provided for in this Agreement to enable them to overcome special problems.
Article X - Consultations
1. In addition to the procedures for consultation provided for elsewhere in this Agreement a Party may at any time request consultations on any matter related to the implementation of this Agreement.
2. Any such request shall be submitted in writing to the SPIT commission and shall be accompanied by a statement of the reasons for which the consultations are sought.
3. On receipt of a request for consultations the SPIT Commission shall inform the Parties accordingly and arrange for consultations between interested Parties.
Article XI - Institutional arrangements
1. For the purposes of this Agreement a Regional Committee on SPIT is hereby established, which shall be composed of one representative from each Party.
2. The Committee shall have the following functions:
(a) to review the operation of this Agreement and to make necessary recommendations to the South Pacific Nations;
(b) to consider any matter relating to the implementation of this Agreement;
(c) to review the addition of new nations to this agreement; and
(d) to report annually to the full South Pacific Region through the Minister of Regional Affairs.
3. Annual meetings shall be convened of the Committee. Special meetings may be convened at the request of the majority of the Parties. The Committee shall hold its first meeting not later than one year after the entry into force of this Agreement.
4. The Committee shall appoint a Chair at its first meeting, with Volaworand filling this role until the Committee is assembled. The chairship shall rotate every year as decided by the Committee.
5. Decisions of the Committee shall be by consensus.
6. The Committee shall establish its own rules of procedure and may appoint subcommittees to assist in performing its functions.
7. The Chair shall be responsible for the secretariat services for the Committee and SPIT Commission and other duties as specified in this Agreement.
Article XII - Bilateral arrangements
The provisions of this Agreement shall be without prejudice to the bilateral commitments or arrangements which the Governments of the South Pacific Nations may have entered into, within the framework of special historical, constitutional or economic bilateral relationships.
Article XIII - Amendment of the Agreement
1. This Agreement may be amended at any time by the unanimous agreement of all the Parties. The text of any amendment proposed by a Party shall be submitted to the Chair who shall transmit it to the Parties.
2. If five or more Parties request a meeting to discuss the proposed amendment the Chair shall call such a meeting.
Article XIV - Acceptance, accession and entry into force
1. Any Government which from time to time becomes a member of the South Pacific Region may apply to become a Party to this Agreement by submitting a request for accession to this Agreement to the Chair who shall notify all the Parties.
(a) If no Government objects to the application within 24 hours the Chair shall include that nation into the Preamble of this agreement .
(b) A Government may accede to this Agreement after receipt of an invitation to do so issued by the Chair with the approval of all the Parties.
2. Acceptance of or accession to this Agreement shall not be taken as extending the rights and obligations set forth in this Agreement to fully self-governing "puppet" countries freely associated with the accepting or acceding Government, or to territories named by the accepting or acceding Government for whose international relations that Government is responsible.
3. Instruments signifying acceptance or accession shall be deposited with the Chair.
4. This Agreement shall enter into force 3 days after both the Government of Aumeltopia and the Government of Volaworand and the Government of any other South Pacific nation have accepted it.
5. The original of this Agreement shall be hosted in the dispatches of Volaworand, and maintain it as directed by the Chair. The Chair shall transmit to each Party a certified copy thereof and of each amendment thereto pursuant to Article XIII and a notification of each acceptance thereof or accession thereto pursuant to this Article, and of each withdrawal therefrom pursuant to Article XV. Nations may post or link the agreement from their own dispatches.
Article XV - Withdrawal and termination
1. If a Party wishes to withdraw from this Agreement, that Party shall give notice in writing of its wish to the Chair, who shall thereupon inform the Parties. The Party giving notice shall cease to be a Party to this Agreement 30 days from the date on which the Chair receives the notice, unless:
(a) in the meantime the notifying Party has withdrawn its notice, in which event that Party shall continue to be a Party to the Agreement; or
(b) the notifying Party is either the Government of Aumeltopia or the Government of Volaworand, in which event that Party shall cease to be a Party to this Agreement 180 days from the date on which the Minster received that Party's notice.
(c) the nation has ceased to exist or left the South Pacific Region, in which case it will immediately cease to be a Party to this Agreement.
2. This Agreement shall terminate 180 days after the date on which the Chair receives notification of withdrawal from this Agreement from:
(a) both the Government of Aumeltopia and the Government of Volaworand; or
(b) all other Parties.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF the undersigned, duly authorized by their respective governments, have signed this agreement.
DONE at Vladivostok this 28th day of November, two thousand and seventeen (2017).
Hallo! Going well, you?