The Democratic States of Archh is a huge, genial nation, notable for its irreverence towards religion and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 312 million Archhians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of All Cities. The average income tax rate is 34.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Archhian economy, worth 15.6 trillion Dollars a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 50,105 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
T-shirts displaying a photo of Leader performing the Full-Monty are selling out, UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours, and Archh recently decided against having a capital city. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Archh's national animal is the Horse.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Archh was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Archh changed its national capital to "All Cities".
- : Following new legislation in Archh, Archh recently decided against having a capital city.
- : Following new legislation in Archh, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours.
- : Following new legislation in Archh, UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news.
- : Archh was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Archh voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Standards On Police Accountability".
- : Archh voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Salaxalans".
- : Following new legislation in Archh, t-shirts displaying a photo of Leader performing the Full-Monty are selling out.
- : Following new legislation in Archh, evasive politicians don't fail to strongly commit to not committing to a course of non-inaction.
Endorsements Received: 16 » Valentian Elysium, The Soylent Green Party, Wysrod, The Republic of Osea, Kuriko, Krystalveil, Recon Island, Ignis Cinere, New Fania, Dustwind, Anisopterra, Evertopia, Waitiki, Nooooooooooooooo, Kachikawawa, and Ali Faridi.