The Empire of Ashmir is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its closed borders, public floggings, and state-planned economy. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 407 million Ashmirians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dairyu. The average income tax rate is 79.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Ashmirian economy, worth 35.3 trillion yars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 86,655 yars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A cat may look at a king and a dude can look at an ass, it's best to decline if Leader offers to buy a round of drinks, politicians tend to speak more loudly and slowly these days, and historical commemorations regularly devolve into militaristic jingoism. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ashmir's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ashmir was endorsed by The Free Land of Santa Dystopia.
- : Ashmir was endorsed by The Pax Stellarum of Stellar Colonies.
- : Ashmir was endorsed by The Weed-choked lawn of A mean old man.
- : Ashmir voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Vandoosa"".
- : Ashmir voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting and Valuing the Humanities".
- : Following new legislation in Ashmir, historical commemorations regularly devolve into militaristic jingoism.
- : Following new legislation in Ashmir, politicians tend to speak more loudly and slowly these days.
- : Following new legislation in Ashmir, it's best to decline if Leader offers to buy a round of drinks.
- : Following new legislation in Ashmir, a cat may look at a king and a dude can look at an ass.
- : Ashmir was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
Endorsements Received: 33 » Todd McCloud, Pakitsk, Brotherland, VW53Aland, Evrigenis, H-Zhena, Dragons Blood, Marrabuk, Zukchiva, The Eternal Land of Jong, Asendavia, Libertanny, New Leganes, East Malaysia, Talitoa, Tretrid, Lingu, The Three States of Fortuna, Peoples Republic of GG, Aivintis, Moszce-Walvard, Mays Austrian Nation, Raunch, Staynes, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Oofery, Technocratic Tagalog, Modra, The Atlae Isles, BuciLand, A mean old man, Stellar Colonies, and Santa Dystopia.