The Fiefdom of Detritar is a huge, safe nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, absence of drug laws, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 284 million Detritarians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 37.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Detritarian economy, worth 13.9 trillion Derrs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Retail, and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 48,776 Derrs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children dream of becoming physicians and physicists, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss, Detritar has been recently classified as an international menace after 'liberating' several nearby territories, and no one engages in 'locker room talk' any more. Crime is well under control. Detritar's national animal is the emu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Detritar was endorsed by The Community of Jhevantu.
- : Detritar was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Gomozza.
- : Detritar was endorsed by The Empire of Pttdfiari.
- : Detritar voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Military Death Penalty Ban".
- : Following new legislation in Detritar, no one engages in 'locker room talk' any more.
- : Following new legislation in Detritar, Detritar has been recently classified as an international menace after 'liberating' several nearby territories.
- : Following new legislation in Detritar, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss.
- : Following new legislation in Detritar, children dream of becoming physicians and physicists.
- : Following new legislation in Detritar, children spend all morning taking out a comma and all afternoon putting it back in again.
- : Detritar was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
Endorsements Received: 31 » Bearded Dragones, North South North West Kansas, The Olivavan Union, Tuspor, United States of Gondor, Lawithon, Sparanoda, Monsone, Harvestmoon, Electrovoltonia, Runeas, Woongolia, Caffeinetopia, Rathoria, the Mechalus, United Cassiopeia, Geoceri, Aerlanica, Klyton, Electric Child, Pogzdan, WonGya, God-Given Free Trading Region, Edrace, Reefinstien, Cananirevins, Carlindia, Zoninite, United Noble and Princely Yugo-Alba, Pttdfiari, and Jhevantu.