|Animal||3 Headed Dragon|
The Republic of Dirkistan is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons, free-roaming dinosaurs, and smutty television. The hard-nosed population of 894 million Dirkistanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 57.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Dirkistanian economy, worth 99.0 trillion Dirks a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 110,780 Dirks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie, family isn't who you're born with but who you abandon in foreign countries, interest rates mysteriously drop whenever the CBD Governor goes house hunting, and the standardised national curriculum requires that all-male classes be taught why they have periods. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dirkistan's national animal is the 3 Headed Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dirkistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Following new legislation in Dirkistan, the standardised national curriculum requires that all-male classes be taught why they have periods.
- : Following new legislation in Dirkistan, interest rates mysteriously drop whenever the CBD Governor goes house hunting.
- : Following new legislation in Dirkistan, family isn't who you're born with but who you abandon in foreign countries.
- : Following new legislation in Dirkistan, invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie.
- : Dirkistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Land of Kings and Emperors".
- : Following new legislation in Dirkistan, religious education is a new government priority.
- : Following new legislation in Dirkistan, Leader claims to be the epitome of family values.
- : Following new legislation in Dirkistan, pre-takeoff checks last longer than the flights themselves.
- : Following new legislation in Dirkistan, the cancellation of "The Real Vixens of Dirkistan City" has been described as a real blow for entertainment.
Endorsements Received: 87 » Mapico, Volaworand, CzechoSlovakishMoravia, Peoples Republic of Columbus, Aidenfieeld, Anserisa, Erinor, Aumeltopia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Amerion, Xandev, Crystal Creation, Tsunamy, Land Without Shrimp, Bawkie, PenguinPies, Farengeto, Holy Free, Wehraboos, West Pastafaria, New Briantown, Marinho Islands, Pamela And Hepatitis, Kringalia, Tsvetania, Avalonica, Shefino, ChickenDome, The Worst army of, Compli, Drystar, Corgitopiaa, Quh, Kandorith, Southern Numenor, Nowa Europa, Auphelia, Darakin, Outer Utonixick Gollinican, Kervanosia, Bear Connors Paradiso, Centristvill, Qvait, The Filippinas, Seliyan progressive Islands, A leftover country, Three Rivia Levr, Laamiva, Sanden, Poopisiya, and 37 others.Escevola, Si-topia, The West Valley Mountains, Pi Ttamgwa Nunmul, Well F, Vincent Field, Jehenna, Drugged Monkeys, Sandaoguo, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Kedjens, Concrete Slab, Catillos, Myness, Hanguk-Nippon, Ebonhand, Philippinia, Tepertopia, Qawe, Phanama, Merevane, Bartonia Nova, Purple Hyacinth, Ovkianos, House Ahsanul, Klobitien, Kaoia, Zataras, Rebel-topia, Ofaria, Alfama, Sedunn, Vanbella, Eskvenn, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Novum Sina, and Integria.