The Empire of Empalla is a huge, orderly nation, notable for its strictly enforced bedtime, enslaved workforce, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 698 million Empallans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Quequícaz. The average income tax rate is 80.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Empallan economy, worth 88.2 trillion Carredetas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 126,319 Carredetas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Police drones follow every suspected Peeping Tom, a citizen who thinks a slave is a deadbeat is entitled to make the descriptor literally true, to 'cut off family ties' is no longer just a phrase, and senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Empalla's national animal is the Andean Condor, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Empalla, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour.
- : Following new legislation in Empalla, to 'cut off family ties' is no longer just a phrase.
- : Following new legislation in Empalla, a citizen who thinks a slave is a deadbeat is entitled to make the descriptor literally true.
- : Following new legislation in Empalla, police drones follow every suspected Peeping Tom.
- : Following new legislation in Empalla, every new building project has to undergo a five-year environmental impact study before it can go ahead.
- : Empalla was endorsed by The United Kingdoms of Plazland.
- : Empalla was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Empalla, the derisively named "Morlocks of Moria" futilely demand time in the sun.
- : Following new legislation in Empalla, trouble-makers are frequently turned in to the government to be 'recycled'.
- : Following new legislation in Empalla, families returning from international vacations are unable to get their children back into the country.
Endorsements Received: 41 » VW53Aland, A Slanted Black Stripe, Fedele, H-Zhena, The Angel of Charity, Hizuru, Izonno, Bachtendekuppen, Axdel, Tim Stark, Todd McCloud, Brotherland, Pakitsk, Davelands, Aelitia, Wiranath, Rhealaliit, Janoobi Jazair, Someseni, Kangarawa, BearStackof2015, Enlil, Marrico, Am Echad, Ravendi, TheRuthenians, Yutogolan, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, The Holy Utopian Republic, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, Kilkire, Chubaka, Astroa, Roissyland, Kingdom of Pars, Aleister, Opossum Slayer, Funkadelia, Greater Felter, The United Neo American Union, and Plazland.