The Kindgom of Yugoslavia of Federoslavia is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, state-planned economy, and stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical population of 1.084 billion Yugoslavs are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Belgrade. The average income tax rate is 32.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Federoslavian economy, worth 49.2 trillion Yugoslav Dinars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Cheese Exports, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 45,403 Yugoslav Dinars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, Federoslavia has designated Belgrade as its capital city, discarded pennies litter the streets, and local mafias have a tough time disposing of dead snitches without catching the attention of recycling authorities. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Federoslavia's national animal is the White Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Federoslavia's influence in Hearts of Steel rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Federoslavia's influence in Hearts of Steel rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Federoslavia's influence in Hearts of Steel rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Federoslavia's influence in Hearts of Steel rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Federoslavia's influence in Hearts of Steel rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Federoslavia published "Gregor GMR-26" (Account: Military).
- : Federoslavia changed its national animal to "White Eagle", its capital to "Belgrade", its currency to "Yugoslav Dinar", its demonym to "Yugoslav", its motto to "Bratstvo i Jedinstvo", and its nation type to "Kindgom of Yugoslavia".
- : Federoslavia altered its national flag.
- : Federoslavia's influence in Hearts of Steel rose from "Zero" to "Page".
- : Federoslavia relocated from Greater Middle East to Hearts of Steel.