The Most Serene Republic of Geboor is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, parental licensing program, and irreverence towards religion. The democratic population of 367 million Geboorians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. The average income tax rate is 70.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Geboorian economy, worth 14.7 trillion wuruns a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Retail, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 39,983 wuruns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Geboor City, graffiti graces every city's streets, and veteran cops reminisce over their heavy armor days. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Geboor's national animal is the Wedge-Tailed eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Geboor was endorsed by The Weed-choked lawn of A mean old man.
- : Geboor was endorsed by The Federal Republic of BuciLand.
- : Geboor was endorsed by The ENDORSE LIBERTANNY of The Atlae Isles.
- : Geboor's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Following new legislation in Geboor, veteran cops reminisce over their heavy armor days.
- : Following new legislation in Geboor, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- : Following new legislation in Geboor, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Geboor City.
- : Geboor was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Following new legislation in Geboor, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation.
- : Following new legislation in Geboor, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
Endorsements Received: 22 » VW53Aland, H-Zhena, Dragons Blood, Brotherland, Zukchiva, Libertanny, Wiranath, Pakitsk, Todd McCloud, Asendavia, The Eternal Land of Jong, Tretrid, The Three States of Fortuna, Aivintis, Virgoliaendorses, Evrigenis, Oofery, Eudinity, Modra, The Atlae Isles, BuciLand, and A mean old man.