The Very Real Nation of Great New Sealand is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Bruno Douglas with an even hand, and notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, daily referendums, and frequent executions. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.288 billion Sealandians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aúsbergen. The average income tax rate is 71.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Great New Sealandian economy, worth 319 trillion euros a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Furniture Restoration, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 97,189 euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Victims of crime are viewed as less trustworthy than politicians, shady doctors seem to have impeccable records, the Father of the House has been in office just shy of a fortnight, and television characters who ask how someone's doing are charged with harassment. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Great New Sealand's national animal is the porpoise, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Great New Sealand was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of The Axis of Death.
- : Great New Sealand voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
- : Following new legislation in Great New Sealand, television characters who ask how someone's doing are charged with harassment.
- : Following new legislation in Great New Sealand, the Father of the House has been in office just shy of a fortnight.
- : Following new legislation in Great New Sealand, shady doctors seem to have impeccable records.
- : Following new legislation in Great New Sealand, victims of crime are viewed as less trustworthy than politicians.
- : Following new legislation in Great New Sealand, astronauts take one small step for Great New Sealand and one giant step backward from confrontation.
- : Great New Sealand was endorsed by The Federal Republic of En Hassik.
- : Great New Sealand's influence in Europe rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Great New Sealand was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest.
Endorsements Received: 57 » The New Mexican Confederation, Regnum Italiae, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Yahlia, Anskerdank, Trixeland, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, St Scarlett, Estellan, Titoist Yugoslavia, Estoniia, NorthPortugal, Nardin, Meropis, Kanokla, Elisabethshagen, Owlograd, Walfo, Invernessia, Ausvelt, Rivierenland, Saint Domingo, Republic of Satherland, Dark Matter, The New Nordic Union, Thracia Republic, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Someseni, Irminsulia, Shaor, Destyntine, Super Happy Land, Arorska, Northern German Federation, The Champions League, Jim the Baptist, Apabeossie, Abject Ludicrosity, The Seven Provinces, Leranditale, Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Eski, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Asparagusia, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, Enway, Continental Social Democrats, North of Americas, and 7 others.Othenhiem, Gliesetonia, Nuevo Europa, Zulrich, Wombelland, Maalat, and En Hassik.