The Free Land of Havringa is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its unlimited-speed roads, irreverence towards religion, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 533 million Havringans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The minute, liberal government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Education, with Industry and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Law & Order aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Müden-an-der-Havringan. The average income tax rate is 4.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Havringan economy, worth 36.1 trillion Havringers a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 67,641 Havringers, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's politicians are known more for the internet memes they spawn than any of their accomplishments, Havringa has designated Müden-an-der-Havringan as its capital city, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses, and crossword puzzles have been co-opted as a symbol of racial discrimination. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Havringa's national animal is the Egret.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Havringa, crossword puzzles have been co-opted as a symbol of racial discrimination.
- : Havringa voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Havringa was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Larker Galicia.
- : Havringa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Havringa voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend King HEM".
- : Havringa voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom of Assembly"".
- : Following new legislation in Havringa, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses.
- : Havringa changed its national capital to "Müden-an-der-Havringan".
- : Following new legislation in Havringa, Havringa has designated Müden-an-der-Havringan as its capital city.
- : Havringa was endorsed by The People's Republic of Taoteching.
Endorsements Received: 18 » The Salaxalans, Legendus, Alquanica, Kialga, The Free Lands of Lothlorien, Urran, Belands, Coromusia, Aggrivordia, New Horensian Kingdom, The Quiescent Platypus, Matrixulated, Kasadea, The Andromachean Entente, North-South America, Haremm, Skogatopia, and Larker Galicia.