|Leader||Geoff Van Deusen|
The Monarchy of Ist Meo is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Geoff Van Deusen with an iron fist, and remarkable for its digital currency, complete lack of prisons, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.164 billion Ist Meoans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Republic City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 38.6%.
The powerhouse Ist Meoan economy, worth 131 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 112,796 dollars, with the richest citizens earning 5.9 times as much as the poorest.
The navy is chrome-plating its battleships to prevent rust, children are often punished for the sins of the fathers, the government believes in trickle-down happiness, and the government has returned all business to private ownership. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ist Meo's national animal is the raven, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ist Meo was endorsed by The Empire of Teothopia.
- : Ist Meo was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector and the Top 10% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector and Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Ist Meo voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Citizenship And Birth Act".
- : Following new legislation in Ist Meo, the government has returned all business to private ownership.
- : Ist Meo was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Ist Meo changed its national nation type to "Monarchy".
- : Following new legislation in Ist Meo, the government believes in trickle-down happiness.
- : Following new legislation in Ist Meo, children are often punished for the sins of the fathers.
- : Following new legislation in Ist Meo, the navy is chrome-plating its battleships to prevent rust.
- : Following new legislation in Ist Meo, failure to pay the thrice-daily homage to the divine Geoff Van Deusen is punishable by death.