The Kingdom of Itenis is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its punitive income tax rates, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical, devout population of 426 million Itenisians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Education, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 69.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Itenisian economy, worth 19.0 trillion kronor a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry. Average income is 44,507 kronor, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The Holy Office of the Inquisition is the highest court in the land, childhood friends of Leader are living it large abroad at the taxpayers' expense, the smell of tobacco is often smelt around legislative buildings across the nation, and children are often punished for the sins of the fathers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Itenis's national animal is the crocodile, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Itenis's influence in Phoenix partners rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Itenis's influence in Phoenix partners rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Itenis's influence in Phoenix partners rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Itenis's influence in Phoenix partners rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Itenis's influence in Phoenix partners rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Itenis lost WA Delegate status in Springfield.
- : Itenis was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Indoinastan.
- : Itenis endorsed The Democratic Republic of Indoinastan.
- : Itenis relocated from Springfield to Phoenix partners.
- : Itenis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Military Identification Tag Act".
Endorsements Received: None.