The People's Republic of Johnne Green is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, democratic population of 404 million Johnne Greenians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hanksville. The average income tax rate is 78.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Johnne Greenian economy, worth 28.5 trillion Johnnes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Retail. Average income is 70,629 Johnnes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song, cash-strapped junkies lick rabbits for a cheap high, ice-filled coffins are ominously positioned in the corner of every hospital ward, and economic output is rising as the chronically depressed are persuaded not to burden society. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Johnne Green's national animal is the kiwi, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Johnne Green was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Thedairos.
- : Johnne Green was endorsed by The Federation of Drewish.
- : Following new legislation in Johnne Green, economic output is rising as the chronically depressed are persuaded not to burden society.
- : Johnne Green was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Following new legislation in Johnne Green, ice-filled coffins are ominously positioned in the corner of every hospital ward.
- : Following new legislation in Johnne Green, cash-strapped junkies lick rabbits for a cheap high.
- : Following new legislation in Johnne Green, 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song.
- : Johnne Green was endorsed by The Democratic States of Bortheria.
- : Johnne Green was endorsed by The Dictatorship of New CHOP.
- : Johnne Green was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Lisokyo.
Endorsements Received: 79 » Kuriko, Nooooooooooooooo, The Soylent Green Party, Recon Island, Solarampa, Carbo Nation, Northern Nivaria, Dustwind, Etainerre, New Fania, Greek Metalheads, Valentian Elysium, Wysrod, Tills, Krystalveil, Greenmont Federation, Ignis Cinere, Republic of Libriano, Creeptopia, Gewisse, Tzo, Old Atlantica, Swag Chief Bubba Estate, Slaytania, Chip Skylark, Constantinolia, Hellenic Exusia, The Republic of Osea, The Snake Brotherhood, Zyrcrestia, Alen-roshh, Medetas, Anollasia, Lamborghini Murcielago, Quwoe, Evertopia, Xemja, Echocrimsonia, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Itic, Anisopterra, Vivolkha, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, Kyrizstanislav, Anigeto, Solsevara, Palman, Mastodonia, South Comradia, and 29 others.The Pipiles, Novegia, Flex Lexington, Isentran, Lower Phlebacite, Danyl, QuazaFire, Kebecois, Tamsalin, Iontan, Auroma, Eppur, Generic Country Name That Is Available, Testa, The Pizza, The Biggles Syndicate, Brandenbourg-Anhalt, Point Comfort Colony, AciaciaMont, Colonel Terrosit, Imperio de los Torres, Terra Royaume, The Parandeam, Liberdon, Vill Send, Lisokyo, New CHOP, Bortheria, and Drewish.