The Free Land of Keggland is a huge, safe nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working population of 582 million Kegglandians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Barbarellis. The average income tax rate is 22.2%.
The strong Kegglandish economy, worth 36.9 trillion shiny pebbles a year, is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is 63,330 shiny pebbles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.6 times as much as the poorest.
Crossword puzzles have been co-opted as a symbol of racial discrimination, there's no cure or sympathy for the common cold, residents of ageing concrete tower blocks have vital renovation work stopped by Brutalism enthusiasts, and euthanasia is legal. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Keggland's national animal is the holy cow, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Keggland, euthanasia is legal.
- : Following new legislation in Keggland, residents of ageing concrete tower blocks have vital renovation work stopped by Brutalism enthusiasts.
- : Following new legislation in Keggland, there's no cure or sympathy for the common cold.
- : Following new legislation in Keggland, crossword puzzles have been co-opted as a symbol of racial discrimination.
- : Keggland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Deadeye Jack".
- : Keggland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : Keggland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Following new legislation in Keggland, re-education centers are being added to most prisons.
- : Following new legislation in Keggland, the nation's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas.
- : Following new legislation in Keggland, biotech companies are fined if their jumbled genetic sequences look too familiar.
Endorsements Received: 42 » Dilber, Bhang Bhang Duc, Fujai, Giovanniland, Fuentana, The Undivided, Wickedly evil people, Nieubasria, Eastern Bahia, Weratt, Lodiberdade, DiscGolfLand, Fallgriffin, Greg Tucker, Common Good, Westwind, Condonohia, Mediobogdum, Kisovec, Twisted Duality, Glorious Existence, Liberillia, Sindria, Mirchusko, Shaktirajya, Crazy Waters, Archonina, Gryphonian Alliance, Psikuta, Moriari, Greynne, Lynier, Mathematania, New Democratic Republic of Russia, Kittenlicious, The North American Assembly, Omskin, Lothundy, Nevafornia, Maria, Atheist States of Philippines, and Q The Almighty.